Liquid Millionaire, drying up?

This is a discussion on Liquid Millionaire, drying up? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Like they say on the Jeremy Kyle show, the results are in. So, Who's the Daddy? Is it the Brothers ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:14pm   #57
Joined Aug 2016
Who's the Daddy?

sigmund1 started this thread Like they say on the Jeremy Kyle show, the results are in.

So, Who's the Daddy?

Is it the Brothers ISACO, with their In Out, In Out, Shake It All Around, smarty pants methods.

Or, the Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go PASSIVE INDEX TARCKER method.

The ISACO Brothers tell us on their web site that for the 5 years ending December 2016 they managed to return 8.2%.

But how does this compare with the FTSE100?

Dont take my word for it...take a look at the RUSSELL FTSE web site under Fact Sheet.

FTSE100. 9.1%
FTSE250. 15.4%
FTSE SMALL CAP 16.4%
FTSE ALL SHARE. 10.1%
FTSE FLEDGLING. 19.8%

Good bloody grief...does this mean that the ISACO Brothers have under performed their fav benchmark for the last 5 years?

Looks Like It.
sigmund1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:15am   #58
Joined Aug 2016
Folly of Market Timing

sigmund1 started this thread So what went wrong?

Looks like the ISACO Super Timing Fund Picking Portfolio has under performed the FTSE100 for the last 5 years.

But could this fatal adventure have been avoided?

According to one such research paper...YES!

A study by University of Utah Professor John Graham and Duke University Professor Campbell Harvey.

The massive 51-page study tracked 15,000 predictions made by 237 market-timing newsletters from June 1980 to December 1992.

By the end of the period, 94.5% of the timing newsletters had gone out of business with an average life span of just four years.

"There is no evidence that newsletters can time the market," the study concluded.

"Consistent with mutual fund studies, 'winners' rarely win again and 'losers' often lose again."

"Sure, it'd be great to get out of stocks at the high and jump back in at the low," observed John Bogle in an interview with Money Magazine.

"In the 55 years I have been in this business, I not only have never met anybody who knew how to do it, I've never met anybody who had met anybody who knew how to do it."

Our Nan say's...you can the Sutherland Brothers to that list as well.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:17pm   #59
Joined Aug 2016
RESULTS, ISACO v SP500, NASDAQ.

sigmund1 started this thread The Isaco brothers Paul and Stephen were full of confidence back in 2007 when they wrote their Book of Funny Sayings...Liquid Millionaire.

Here is one such funny quote...

An investment System Capable of Beating the Nasdaq. page 97.

But since inception how have our Deadly Duo actually performed?

According to information found on the ISACO web site...

Since December 31, 1997 to December 31 2016 have returned for their clients, wait for it, drum roll...149% Total Return.

But for a LOW COST SP500 TRACKER FUND PLUS DIVIDENDS the Total Return was 270%

For a LOW COST NASDAQ TRACKER FUND WITHOUT DIVIDENDS the total return was
290%.

Seems to me the Brothers Stephen and Paul are wealth destroyers not wealth creators.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:51am   #60
Joined Aug 2016
ISACO v OTHER TRACKER FUNDS

sigmund1 started this thread Recap...ISACO total return since inception 149%.

But for exactly the same period...

US SMALL COMPANY INDEX FUND...445%

INTERNATIONAL VALUE FUND... 215%

EMERGING MARKTS INDEX FUND... 315%

EMERGING MARKETS SMALL CAP INDEX FUND... 630%

Just like those before and those that will follow, the ISACO Brothers have fallen flat on their faces when it comes to fund picking.