Improving Your Trading Performance: The Single Most Important Step You Can Take

This is a discussion on Improving Your Trading Performance: The Single Most Important Step You Can Take within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Improving Your Trading Performance: The Single Most Important Step You Can ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:05am   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Improving Your Trading Performance: The Single Most Important Step You Can Take

We've just published a new T2W article called "Improving Your Trading Performance: The Single Most Important Step You Can Take" by Brett Steenbarger.

Quick Summary: Traders fail not for a lack of something, but for not to structuring their learning to facilitate expertise.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:05am   #2
Joined Dec 2004
Brett Steenbarger is back with more insight in to trading psychology.
Rhody Trader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:54am   #3
cjb

8 Posts
Joined May 2005
VG Article, I already receive video each day from ttm and find it extremely helpful as to technique, entry and exit etc. Plus can go back and review same. They are not always right
'the holy grail" but an excellent learning tool. Some can already be followed on DVD and make for a far easier learning curve
cjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:11am   #4

Joined Oct 2003
Fantastic and thought provoking article Brett!
Quercus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:06pm   #5
Joined Oct 2003
Really good article. Thanks T2W for putting it the Knowledge lab. Very interesting.
Tuffty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 12:31am   #6

Joined Dec 2002
Camtasia Studio Screen Recorder Software http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp is a neat way to 'video' your screen. 2 shots per second of the whole screen for 7 hours (u. s. session) produces a 600MB using .avi format. Pricey software though.

pete
peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:05am   #7
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
In my view Camtasia is very good and I have used it quite a lot. You also get a 30 day free trial which should determine if it is suitable for the task at hand.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:41am   #8
Joined Jul 2005
Another angle of viewing trading. Great article.
jessechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 1:13pm   #9
Joined Jul 2005
I want to thank everyone, on and off forum, for the kind comments regarding my article. One reader mentioned to me the NeoTicker program (http://www.tickquest.com/NeoTicker/) as being one with excellent simulation capability. I will be checking it out in the next week or two and reporting on my experience on my website. In the interim, I'd be curious to hear from any T2W members that have used NeoTicker's simulation. BTW, I first learned about Camtasia from a T2W member--a great example of the value of this forum. Thanks much--Brett
steenbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:54pm   #10
Joined Feb 2005
Hello, Brett. Quite a thought provoking artical, it certainly got me thinking. In theory there could be two definate approaches to the market, the 'analytical trader' and the 'money trader', maybe the expert has an excellent understanding of the psychology that drives both of these approaches. Until i read your artical i used to think it was a good idea to be involved within the markets financially to gain a better understanding, this is probably wrong, in fact i no longer belive this to be true. Most people think of paper trading as inadequate, because you can only get a true feel for the markets when you are financially tied into them. Maybe a true expert price analyst only ever does that. Being interested in the price movements of markets does not nessecarilly mean you have to be tied into them. Trading proficiency may boil down to how interested the individual really is in price action.
RUDEBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:23pm   #11
Joined Feb 2005
In fact, i will go as far to say that to analyse price you don't have to do any kind of trading, paper or real.
RUDEBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:43pm   #12

Joined Mar 2004
Definately suits those that can plan and then keep to their most direct route to a trading strategy. However imho It may be better for some to be wandering around and around the problem before settling where it is best for them.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 3:26pm   #13

Joined Feb 2004
Very good article.
I do video my trades - which has given me another problem. The sheer time it takes to review my trades in real time (my average hold is only 7 minutes).
to review the day takes a lot of time but............ it pays in bucketloads.
You can see and hear ( I talk to myself as well on the video) yourself making mistakes and often stating what I should do and then not doing it.
But that;s a whole other area that I am now working on.
By the way I have Brett's previous article to thank for guiding me toward Camtesia software - I paid though Brett - I went and brought your book!
rdstagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:28pm   #14

4 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Chess

Finally a chess analogy! Insightful and well written!
artur2345 is offline   Reply With Quote