Trader Dante new course

This is a discussion on Trader Dante new course within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; He is taking the **** at "hindsight traders" ... lol...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:09pm   #61
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
He is taking the **** at "hindsight traders" ... lol
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:43pm   #62
klw
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2calv View Post

And this is the guy that was voted by the Trade2win members as the Gold Award Winner for the most valuable contributor 3 years on the trot !!!

No further comment needed.
klw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MajorMagnuM
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:05pm   #63
NVP
 
NVP's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
He is taking the **** at "hindsight traders" ... lol
Which group,is that then ?
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:11am   #64
 
Oscar Reed's Avatar
Joined May 2015
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
Which group,is that then ?

Oscar Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:06pm   #65
Joined Sep 2015
This is a very funny video by Trader Dante - quite David Brent isn't it?

Good ol Dante - we used to work at Futex together opposite Nav Sarro- the $40 million trader now being hounded by the FBI.

Simon Maelzer
themarketblueprint is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:04pm   #66
 
ffsear's Avatar
Joined Oct 2006
Good audio interview with @Trader Dante here.. weather you think he is genuine or not.... You can't argue with some of the advice he gives out here...

https://soundcloud.com/chat-with-traders/039-tom-dante
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:59pm   #67
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
hes pretty funny.sometimes look at his twitter
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i'm lying for the attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:07am   #68
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2calv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by klw View Post
And this is the guy that was voted by the Trade2win members as the Gold Award Winner for the most valuable contributor 3 years on the trot !!!

No further comment needed.
Not quiet sure if you understood, but you did realise this video was a parody right?
I think that's one reason why he would get the votes in, his sense of humour kept you in the thread long enough to get something out of it.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:19am   #69
 
nine's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
Great video - loved the "shall we keep that on me."

How come so many haters?
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:45am   #70
klw
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Not quiet sure if you understood, but you did realise this video was a parody right?
I think that's one reason why he would get the votes in, his sense of humour kept you in the thread long enough to get something out of it.

Lots of Dante supporters enter the fray and I wouldn't have expected anything less,after all it was probably readers like yourselves that voted for him.

You are obviously trying to insult my intelligence here Jason101, I have plenty enough thanks and unlike yourself who comes across as lacking a basic education for not knowing the difference between " quiet " and " quite ".

Yes, believe it or not I did realise it was an attempt at a parody and a pathetic one at that.

@nine, Haters ? I wouldn't say hate on my part,that's very strong , maybe contempt of a foolish guy. ( see above for a start )

Contempt , because Dante used to be a Financial journalist many moons ago ( he told me this personally ) and he transferred those writing skills to Trade2win. He obviously came across very well on here and soon captured the hearts of the many that weren't so,let's say observant. I saw through him from the very start as his posts smacked of " oooh look at me " , plus other experiences I had of him. There is usually a reason for this and it soon became apparent. He was trolling for readers to mentor ( at the right price of course ) . Trade2win eventually caught up with him and made him display a vendor's badge. He really looked foolish when starting a thread titled something along the lines of " Would you pay £100 a day to be mentored by Trader_Dante " , desperate stuff for a " top " trader, I can't seem to find this now has it disappeared ? Plus another thread where he claimed a 500 point winning trade BEFORE he opened the thread !!

Now there's lots more,including first hand communication I had with a new trader who had been mentored by Dante, unfortunately all negative so I'll leave it there. The guy seems to be doing very well now on the media side of trading so good luck with that.They say if you can't do,teach.
klw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:20pm   #71
Joined Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by klw View Post
Lots of Dante supporters enter the fray and I wouldn't have expected anything less,after all it was probably readers like yourselves that voted for him.

You are obviously trying to insult my intelligence here Jason101, I have plenty enough thanks and unlike yourself who comes across as lacking a basic education for not knowing the difference between " quiet " and " quite ".

Yes, believe it or not I did realise it was an attempt at a parody and a pathetic one at that.

@nine, Haters ? I wouldn't say hate on my part,that's very strong , maybe contempt of a foolish guy. ( see above for a start )

Contempt , because Dante used to be a Financial journalist many moons ago ( he told me this personally ) and he transferred those writing skills to Trade2win. He obviously came across very well on here and soon captured the hearts of the many that weren't so,let's say observant. I saw through him from the very start as his posts smacked of " oooh look at me " , plus other experiences I had of him. There is usually a reason for this and it soon became apparent. He was trolling for readers to mentor ( at the right price of course ) . Trade2win eventually caught up with him and made him display a vendor's badge. He really looked foolish when starting a thread titled something along the lines of " Would you pay £100 a day to be mentored by Trader_Dante " , desperate stuff for a " top " trader, I can't seem to find this now has it disappeared ? Plus another thread where he claimed a 500 point winning trade BEFORE he opened the thread !!

Now there's lots more,including first hand communication I had with a new trader who had been mentored by Dante, unfortunately all negative so I'll leave it there. The guy seems to be doing very well now on the media side of trading so good luck with that.They say if you can't do,teach.
Hi K

I've just listened to the interview and wondering if he makes any money from trading, or is the coaching he makes a living from? Are you unhappy because you paid him to teach you and he couldn't educate you how to become a good trader?

m
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:40pm   #72
NVP
 
NVP's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0007 View Post
It's people that are profitable not systems per se. The world's best golfing coach couldn't make me a champion though he might improve me a bit; so why should a trading coach (even if he is consistently profitable) be able to guarantee success for his students? If you haven't got the nous to DIY train then maybe you'll never be a brilliant trader. It seems to me that the Go-getters in most walks of life arrive there because they've got that something extra in themselves which they recognise and exploit.
you don't have to be a Good trader to be a good coach .........many great coaches in sport have been great players as well but its not a 100% need .............many many great coaches were very average players .......

Clive woodward , Alex Ferguson , Morhenio ..the list is endless in most sports re transition..........

read steve ward ............hes one of the best (IMO) trading coaches in the world...........admitted himself in a seminar that he cant really trade that well...... so focusses on his coaching abilities and his superstar students and clients who can trade .........and are looking to get better and even more consistent in their chosen areas of expertise

I know that is a little contentious .........but as long as the Coach has the sound intellectual competence and encyclopaedic knowledge surrounding his chosen field of expertise (eg trading techniques).........then coaching is all about getting someones head right and getting them to execute their plan..........

remember coaching is not teaching .........if you are being taught completely new strategies and system to trade that is not technically coaching .........they are 2 separate elements of any education process

N

Last edited by NVP; Nov 19, 2015 at 2:47pm.
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Aston1st
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:48pm   #73
NVP
 
NVP's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
is TraderDante James 16 or was he a student ....I always get those guys mixed up
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:47pm   #74
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by klw View Post
You are obviously trying to insult my intelligence here Jason101, I have plenty enough thanks and unlike yourself who comes across as lacking a basic education for not knowing the difference between " quiet " and " quite ".
Yes, I am dyslexic.
Yes, it takes me about four times longer to write posts, re-write, edit and spell check, again and again.
Yes I did go to one of the worst schools in London.
Yes I do know the difference between "quiet" and "quite".

And no, unlike you klw, I had no intention of insulting your intelligence.

You Sir, are a Gent.

Last edited by Jason101; Nov 20, 2015 at 1:56am.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:05am   #75
 
nine's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
@NVP, Trader Dante learned some stuff from James16s material and simplified it.

@NVP, Yes I see that the same old "why would someone who can trade, coach" theory continues. Personally I can trade and I coach a friend (pretty unsuccessfully) and know a guy who can trade and coaches around 20 people. In both cases we recognize that life is not 1 dimensional and once you can trade it can get pretty tedious (where is the new and challenging?) Also, I have found that trying to teach others over the years gives me insights I'd be missing without it. And joy.

I have to admire the skills to generate such a funny video too. Interestingly, TD lied to me once but I won't hold it against him as it doesn't make his approach invalid.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words! Truth Seeker Educational Resources 256 Apr 22, 2013 3:50am
Trader Dante Summary trotters101 First Steps 20 Jan 10, 2013 7:46pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)