Lord Anton Kreil

This is a discussion on Lord Anton Kreil within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by zen4x Hello everybody. I read the whole post and I appreciated your feedbacks. I was actually thinking ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:42pm   #46
Joined Sep 2012
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen4x View Post
Hello everybody. I read the whole post and I appreciated your feedbacks.
I was actually thinking to get his 3000$ course or ask him for some mentorship.
As many, I thought that asking for 3000$ for a basic training knowledge made me think that even if he worked for good companies he still needs to make money from teaching more than from trading.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I will definitely stay away from his company.
Zen4X,

I wouldn't dismiss it that way.
it all depends on what you look for.
As said, Anton surely knows his job but he'll teach you the right approach to trading. he won't teach you how to make money because that's depends on you, your hard work, your talent, your skills.
His course tells you about risk management and Macro-Economic Top-Down Systematic Asset Selection.
you can chose to go this way or opt for a bottom up, or technical systems.
A trader must keep learning, discovering, implementing every day.

You need to learn from the experts and from your mistakes. Then if you want to buy a 30 quid book or a 3 grand course to learn from, it's entirely up to you depending on your budget, timescale, knowledge and so on.
Cocoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:28pm   #47
 
8 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoz View Post
Zen4X,

I wouldn't dismiss it that way.
it all depends on what you look for.
As said, Anton surely knows his job but he'll teach you the right approach to trading. he won't teach you how to make money because that's depends on you, your hard work, your talent, your skills.
His course tells you about risk management and Macro-Economic Top-Down Systematic Asset Selection.
you can chose to go this way or opt for a bottom up, or technical systems.
A trader must keep learning, discovering, implementing every day.
.
When I watched his presentation at Cass program I thought he was a real trader and not a fake guru. Also I got a reply from him, since I required a pre-coaching session to have some tips from him, but it seems that he cannot help unless I pay for the full mentoring programme which should cost around 5-6k.

At the moment due my budget limitation I will keep backtesting with a testing platform and I will apply my top down analysis. Let's see if in 6 months I can find the money and time to trade full time with him.
zen4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:41pm   #48
Joined Dec 2012
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

Just wondering, is it now possible to achieve any success in life/business/trading WITHOUT a mentor?
BobbyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:00pm   #49
 
8 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBB View Post
Just wondering, is it now possible to achieve any success in life/business/trading WITHOUT a mentor?
I think in trading it's about you and nobody else. You will develop your own view of the market. They can teach, but it's your unique way of thinking of work on information that will make you successful. Mentor probably can help in term of getting on track, but I do not think more than that.

I spoke with Anton for a consultancy on Skype and I can say that is really expensive. He might have worked for good companies, but if those people still charge this money, from my view is not for passion, they do not make much from the market as traders. It's worth that you buy a trading simulator and trade and develop the consistency by yourself. That's my 50 cents.
zen4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:20pm   #50
D70
Joined Nov 2009
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

D70 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen4x View Post
I think in trading it's about you and nobody else. You will develop your own view of the market. They can teach, but it's your unique way of thinking of work on information that will make you successful. Mentor probably can help in term of getting on track, but I do not think more than that.

I spoke with Anton for a consultancy on Skype and I can say that is really expensive. He might have worked for good companies, but if those people still charge this money, from my view is not for passion, they do not make much from the market as traders. It's worth that you buy a trading simulator and trade and develop the consistency by yourself. That's my 50 cents.
I think he wants £5k a pop because he wants the company to pay for it. ie. He wants UBS to ask him to give classes. That kind of stuff.
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:41pm   #51
 
8 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

Quote:
Originally Posted by D70 View Post
I think he wants £5k a pop because he wants the company to pay for it. ie. He wants UBS to ask him to give classes. That kind of stuff.
Would you excuse me but I did not understand. As far as I know he is selling a course through his company, The Institute of Trading and Portfolio Management. The course can cost from 1500$, online material that lasts for a month or 3000$ that lasts for life. For the coaching I did not ask what is the price. I just asked him to book his time for a general understanding and he asked me for money quite a lot only for a chat.

Regards.
zen4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:40pm   #52
 
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Hi All,

A. Anton Kreil ITPM Course

I have bought AK course for USD1500 2months ago, due to limited financial resources, after paying high Uni fees as well as not getting a job. End of the day, I think for the Uni fees that I have paid USD1,500 (equi to £1,000) would not hurt much, if I can learn something.

After the Video, I felt apart from the correct approach he teach (Top Down, Bottom Up, Risk Management, Watch List)... this approach is all fine and well.

The next thing, I am a bit concerned:
1. Signing up with ITPM with Saxo (this concern me, ie Conflict of Interest that AK pitch). Essentially, every trade that I do, I will contribute a commission to AK, as ITPM essentially becomes "Introductory Broker"???
2. Apart from the right approach, the trades that gears us into the Trading Account is CFD trading, using leverage. This also mean that the wider our Pairs Trading, the more AK will get out from the Institute Traders

From the above, how are we considering the AK course v "conflict of interest"???

B. Lex Van Dam Trading Academy

If you now compare (A) and (B), you will now see that if we learn the right stuff from Lex, Lex is not benefiting from any Trading Commission... because Lex is only selling his course, and that's the end of the story, nothing more...

At this moment, I need to hear from you guys of your thoughts to give some opinion of the situations and scenario.

Appreciate your feedback...
citycfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:33pm   #53
 
8 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by citycfai View Post
Hi All,

A. Anton Kreil ITPM Course

I have bought AK course for USD1500 2months ago, due to limited financial resources, after paying high Uni fees as well as not getting a job. End of the day, I think for the Uni fees that I have paid USD1,500 (equi to £1,000) would not hurt much, if I can learn something.

After the Video, I felt apart from the correct approach he teach (Top Down, Bottom Up, Risk Management, Watch List)... this approach is all fine and well.

The next thing, I am a bit concerned:
1. Signing up with ITPM with Saxo (this concern me, ie Conflict of Interest that AK pitch). Essentially, every trade that I do, I will contribute a commission to AK, as ITPM essentially becomes "Introductory Broker"???
2. Apart from the right approach, the trades that gears us into the Trading Account is CFD trading, using leverage. This also mean that the wider our Pairs Trading, the more AK will get out from the Institute Traders

From the above, how are we considering the AK course v "conflict of interest"???

B. Lex Van Dam Trading Academy

If you now compare (A) and (B), you will now see that if we learn the right stuff from Lex, Lex is not benefiting from any Trading Commission... because Lex is only selling his course, and that's the end of the story, nothing more...

At this moment, I need to hear from you guys of your thoughts to give some opinion of the situations and scenario.

Appreciate your feedback...
Heya. I really appreciate your comment.

After my conversation on the phone to be honest I was a bit negative since I felt like Anton was another guru that wanted to make some money to cover his draw downs.

I wanted to ask you if you think that the course essentially covers basic things that somebody that trades for about 3 years would already know.

Risk Management.
Trading techniques. Top Down Analysis, Price Action, Patterns, Fibs, Round Numbers etc.
Intermarket Analysis and Macro: Economic Indicators, GDP, PMI, CFI etc.

I am pretty sure that they trade off the daily timeframe as far I understood.
Could you confirm it ?

All the best for your trading
zen4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:03pm   #54
 
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
AK Course will cover
ITPM approach - macro view (top down), then micro view (bottom up), risk management, spread trade, giving you spreadsheet, detailed "on the screen" excel training, why retailed traders losing money... trading physcology
The approach is all good stuff, dont get me wrong. The execution may be hard.
The conclusion (from a personal point of view), good teaching for University student (like all of us who wants a way to get into trading (dream jobs for many uni grads - but how many get to the end of road, to be recruited by GS, JPM, DB etc), although AK point is also selling the dream to be recruited by Hedge Fund if you trade through IPTM - this cause me concern from the point of view "conflict of interest" - which is also the main thing he talked about in the course
Because when you signed up as Institute Traders, everytime you trade, "part" of the commission will go to ITPM as well as Saxo (Saxo provide trading infrasture, ITPM becomes introductory broker for the trade).
As well, the only trade mentioned in the course, or signing up as Institute Trader is CFD trading, which in itself carry quite high risk, at the same time, generating quite a lot of brokerage commission for the Institute.

The mentor trading is "remote" basis, so I feel it's not much difference from the online course, the only difference is you get to speak to him "remotely". From this perspective, how much time he will spend on you, is questionable? But, I dont have any evidence, until someone actually been to the "mentor" program can confirm the cost v benefit.

Another program that I am look at is "Amplify Trading", the career course is 4 month full time, cost wise, same with AK personal coaching of £5-6k. Anyone been to Amplify Trading?
citycfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:14pm   #55
 
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Another point:

IPTM is an authorised representative of Wallwood (which mean IPTM is not directly authorised by FSA, but authorised via Wallwood by FSA) - online course + remote mentor

Amplify Trading - looks more like a real business on it's own, with proper office, proper course structure etc (£1,200 x 4 month - full time training - 2 month class room + 2 month live)

I am pitching on either ITPM or Amplify Trading, but like to hear from people who actually been to the actual course and provide feedback
citycfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:23pm   #56
 
malaguti's Avatar
Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by citycfai View Post
The execution may be hard.

Another program that I am look at is "Amplify Trading", the career course is 4 month full time, cost wise, same with AK personal coaching of £5-6k. Anyone been to Amplify Trading?
May I ask a question City..the statement about execution. Why would this be hard? Is Anton not covering this?
Secondly Saxo/ITPM...whats stopping you from just using your own broker if you have the tools for the job?

Third, please City, please stop looking at more courses. What has Anton done for you yet? what has Lex done for you? how much time have you given them that warrants more courses..Was it because those course didn't really provide much content? How profitable have these course been for you so far, what makes you think a £5000 course (please dont do it) will be..there is no relationship between amounts spent and potential gain you know. If anything its an inverse relationship
malaguti is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: random12345
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:34pm   #57
 
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
The execution is through CFD and Pairs Trading which sounds a bit hardselling, at the same time, generating quite a lot of brokerage commission to ITPM.
citycfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:42am   #58
Joined Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by citycfai View Post
The execution is through CFD and Pairs Trading which sounds a bit hardselling, at the same time, generating quite a lot of brokerage commission to ITPM.
City, unless you want to get into Anton's mentoring program there is not point in becoming an trader of the institute and using its platform.
Open an account with any broker you consider reliable and with a good reputation.
Also considering the approach that he teaches you could do SB rather than CFDs as execution is not so important.

Was Lex course worth it? I bought his book ages ago and it was totally rubbish!
Cocoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:33pm   #59
 
4 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
cocoz,

did you take up his mentoring program?
what's your feedback on the mentoring program?
how difference comparing to online courses?
ZenHedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:13pm   #60
Joined Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenHedge View Post
cocoz,

did you take up his mentoring program?
what's your feedback on the mentoring program?
how difference comparing to online courses?
Hi Zen,

no, didn't do it.
I spoke to him ages ago and as others in here said he asked me for £5-6k for a three month remote mentoring program meaning he should watch your positions and tell you what you do right or wrong.
No one-to-one sessions so I thought it was overpriced.

Did the online course though that I found valuable
Cocoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anton Kreil- discount code tonster01 Educational Resources 13 Oct 19, 2011 8:15pm
Institute of Trading - Anton Kreil Pipsaholic General Trading Chat 8 Jun 22, 2011 1:00pm
Hey Willyboy! Stick this up yer Anton Kreil! Pazienza General Trading Chat 124 Jan 30, 2011 2:24pm
Deleted thread for Anton Kreil goldenlighttrader.com pboyles T2W Feedback & Announcements 1 Sep 28, 2010 7:57pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)