Why Canít Johnny and Jane Make Money in the Markets?

This is a discussion on Why Canít Johnny and Jane Make Money in the Markets? within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; We've just published a new T2W article called " Why Canít Johnny and Jane Make Money in the Markets? " ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:06am   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Dec 2004
Why Canít Johnny and Jane Make Money in the Markets?

We've just published a new T2W article called "Why Canít Johnny and Jane Make Money in the Markets?" by Jake Bernstein.

Quick Summary: A discussion of some of the reasons traders fail and what can be done to avoid them.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
T2W Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:06am   #2
Joined Dec 2004
In this article, highly regarded author Jake Bernstein offers up some of his insight as to what leads traders in to trouble and how they can avoid going down the wrong road.
Rhody Trader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:38am   #3

Joined Apr 2004
Very good advice ~ very wise.
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:46am   #4

Joined Aug 2004
The only thing that didn't make sense to me was his statement about "Diversification of trading methods, markets and time frame is the best overall approach." His description of how to do this will probably overwhelm Jane and Johhny. I know it overwhelmed JO!
JumpOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:20am   #5
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOff
I know it overwhelmed JO!
Timsk too!
It's also contrary to the advice that most other trader experts / gurus usually dispense, which is to get to know, think, live and breathe one market in one timeframe before attempting to introduce another. Although the logic behind Jake's view is very sound, to achieve this level of diversification strikes me as being a task as monumental as climbing Everest on a sunny Sunday afternoon. There again, he also advises a contrarian approach and not doing what everyone else is doing . . .
Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:30am   #6

Joined Sep 2003
An opportunity to be contrarian:

JB says that Johnny and Jane are victims of common thinking. Bull. You can do some very simple and old and common things in the markets and make money, plenty of it. You just have to execute well and control your behaviour well. IMO, many people are victims of the contrarianism that he advocates and as a result tend to take countertrend trades, scale in, follow hunches and do other contrarian things that lose money (being contrarians to the current trend).

Many other bits are good (common) sense.

The diversification section seems like an attempt to sell his GSS system. Oh great. Just what the beginner needs - a JB system.

"Come back to me now and then to see if you can learn anything new from me since I continue to grow and evolve as a trader." OK so here we have it. Yes this is just another Jake Bernstein sales pitch. Or is it only that I have an overactive spam detector? LOL. Your choice.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:14am   #7
Joined Dec 2003
good article and his views on diversity presuppose you have some size to trade in which case it's good advice.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:40am   #8
Joined Jun 2004
Excellent-he seems to know his onions...
Pippppin is offline   Reply With Quote