Boiler Room Scams

This is a discussion on Boiler Room Scams within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by questar2000 I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:35pm   #46

Joined Nov 2001
Fools and their money

Quote:
Originally Posted by questar2000
I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST OIL . Quest oil look OK and in fact risen sharply today but EEG sound distinctly dodgy. Anyone had dealings with them?
Do you really need someone to comment on a firm that cold calls you?
No wonder boiler rooms flourish !!
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:49pm   #47

Joined Jan 2004
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...overseas.shtml

edit:
This list contains the names of unauthorised overseas firms known to be, or to have been, targeting UK investors. Investors should be aware that if they put their money with unauthorised firms they will not get the benefit of the UK compensation and complaint schemes.
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:55pm   #48

Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST OIL . Quest oil look OK and in fact risen sharply today but EEG sound distinctly dodgy. Anyone had dealings with them?
They are very good and honourable company.
When you have finished with them, would you care to invest in some cocoa-based tea-containers - a consignment of which I could let you have for a reduced fee, as long as you buy within 48 hours.
Send a cheque my my overseas PO box number.

Note to mods: we need a "sarcy" emoticon.
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:03pm   #49

Joined May 2003
Airthrey Capital started this thread http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...ty_13may05.pdf
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:46pm   #50

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Whats the point of this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Do you really need someone to comment on a firm that cold calls you?
No wonder boiler rooms flourish !!
What's the point of this thread if one can't post personal experiences of these types of calls without sarcy comments like this one. I did NOT say that I had any intention of trading with this firm. I was merely interested to know if anyone had had dealings with them as although they are not FSA regulated, they do not appear on any boiler room blacklists either.
questar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:27pm   #51
Joined Feb 2005
Any idea how these firms get your info...I have been getting a very high amount of calls for th last couple weeks AT ALL HOURS, getting very old fast.
trimixdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:32pm   #52

Joined Nov 2001
Fools and their money

Quote:
What's the point of this thread if one can't post personal experiences of these types of calls without sarcy comments like this one. I did NOT say that I had any intention of trading with this firm. I was merely interested to know if anyone had had dealings with them as although they are not FSA regulated, they do not appear on any boiler room blacklists either.
You have to be mind numbingly stupid to need an opinion on an obvious scam albeit some people appear on this board trying to peddle rubbish but it's not something I would deign to comment on
Thanks! The following members like this post: Trader?
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:08pm   #53

Joined May 2005
When one gets a cold call alarm bells should start ringing, if people have nil experience with these boiler room operations it is because they have wised up to them. I would be worried if I had an 'experience' to share...
Justice League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:06pm   #54

1 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Possibly another one to add - Global Administrative Providers Inc. Their emerging Equity Group is based in Barcelona - he he.
Offering today is "GeneThera Inc" - who are listed on Nasdaq.
Any one else been tapped up?
mphancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:16pm   #55

2 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
OK, first timer on here, was approached by a financial adviser based in Spain after responding to an article re share advice. Great I thought, then they called re a share called "Evolve Oncology", told me that I would be able to get it for $5.00 a share, but will open at $10.00 on NASDAQ, doubling my money straight away, although he said I could not sell within 1 year due to NASDAQ rules. He thought a 750% return was possible. So I checked it out, looked for info and thought maybe, so verbally told them to go ahead with 1,000 shares. The name of the FA was Rob Burton from PriceStone Group. www.pricestonegroup.com, not until they called me back with further details did I get the name "Landmark Trade Services", I checked the FSA site again and there it was. Luckily I haven't sent any cash and won't be either. Pricestone is not listed on the FSA site from what I can tell, but you are not told who the cash is payable to until you've said yes.
andyhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:23pm   #56

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
We have been approached by thomas Macarthur from perpetual suisse based in Geneva touting a company called Remington Ventures again listed on Nasdaq and that you have to hold shares for at least 12 months re US regulation S. Stupidly we agreed to buy shares but shall not be sending any money to Global Administrative Providers.
nmason1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:28pm   #57

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmason1968
We have been approached by thomas Macarthur from perpetual suisse based in Geneva touting a company called Remington Ventures again listed on Nasdaq and that you have to hold shares for at least 12 months re US regulation S. Stupidly we agreed to buy shares but shall not be sending any money to Global Administrative Providers.
Learn to put the phone down ........or give it to Salty Gibbon.....he'll sort them out with his gibbon talk

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Thoughts, Words, Discussion & Emotion
sandrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:33pm   #58

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Does anybody know what happens if you have received a contract note but never send any money.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:39pm   #59

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmason1968
Does anybody know what happens if you have received a contract note but never send any money.
U become a Salty Gibbon.....mate u need help...gibbon help. Turn your phone off

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Thoughts, Words, Discussion & Emotion
sandrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:45pm   #60

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhofer
OK, first timer on here, was approached by a financial adviser based in Spain after responding to an article re share advice. Great I thought, then they called re a share called "Evolve Oncology", told me that I would be able to get it for $5.00 a share, but will open at $10.00 on NASDAQ, doubling my money straight away, although he said I could not sell within 1 year due to NASDAQ rules. He thought a 750% return was possible. So I checked it out, looked for info and thought maybe, so verbally told them to go ahead with 1,000 shares. The name of the FA was Rob Burton from PriceStone Group. www.pricestonegroup.com, not until they called me back with further details did I get the name "Landmark Trade Services", I checked the FSA site again and there it was. Luckily I haven't sent any cash and won't be either. Pricestone is not listed on the FSA site from what I can tell, but you are not told who the cash is payable to until you've said yes.
Do you think you will get chased for payment as a similar thing has happened to me. Do the shares actually get bought do you know?