Boiler Room Scams

This is a discussion on Boiler Room Scams within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by questar2000 I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:35pm   #46
 
neil's Avatar
Joined Nov 2001
Fools and their money

Quote:
Originally Posted by questar2000
I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST OIL . Quest oil look OK and in fact risen sharply today but EEG sound distinctly dodgy. Anyone had dealings with them?
Do you really need someone to comment on a firm that cold calls you?
No wonder boiler rooms flourish !!
__________________
neil
....Indicators show the past. Price Action "Indicates" the future.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:49pm   #47
 
trendie's Avatar
Joined Jan 2004
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...overseas.shtml

edit:
This list contains the names of unauthorised overseas firms known to be, or to have been, targeting UK investors. Investors should be aware that if they put their money with unauthorised firms they will not get the benefit of the UK compensation and complaint schemes.
__________________
# If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail - Abraham Maslow
# There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that dont. -Anon
# Ed Seykotas Whipsaw Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiE1V...Wlxk8&index=10
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:55pm   #48
 
trendie's Avatar
Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by questar2000
I have been targeted today by Emerging Equity Group to buy shares in otcbb company QUEST OIL . Quest oil look OK and in fact risen sharply today but EEG sound distinctly dodgy. Anyone had dealings with them?
They are very good and honourable company.
When you have finished with them, would you care to invest in some cocoa-based tea-containers - a consignment of which I could let you have for a reduced fee, as long as you buy within 48 hours.
Send a cheque my my overseas PO box number.

Note to mods: we need a "sarcy" emoticon.
__________________
# If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail - Abraham Maslow
# There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that dont. -Anon
# Ed Seykotas Whipsaw Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiE1V...Wlxk8&index=10
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 8:03pm   #49
 
Airthrey Capital's Avatar
Joined May 2003
Airthrey Capital started this thread http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...ty_13may05.pdf
__________________
Long of hope, short of disaster.
Airthrey Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:46pm   #50
 
4 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Whats the point of this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Do you really need someone to comment on a firm that cold calls you?
No wonder boiler rooms flourish !!
What's the point of this thread if one can't post personal experiences of these types of calls without sarcy comments like this one. I did NOT say that I had any intention of trading with this firm. I was merely interested to know if anyone had had dealings with them as although they are not FSA regulated, they do not appear on any boiler room blacklists either.
questar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:27pm   #51
Joined Feb 2005
Any idea how these firms get your info...I have been getting a very high amount of calls for th last couple weeks AT ALL HOURS, getting very old fast.
trimixdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:32pm   #52
 
neil's Avatar
Joined Nov 2001
Fools and their money

Quote:
Originally Posted by questar2000
What's the point of this thread if one can't post personal experiences of these types of calls without sarcy comments like this one. I did NOT say that I had any intention of trading with this firm. I was merely interested to know if anyone had had dealings with them as although they are not FSA regulated, they do not appear on any boiler room blacklists either.
You have to be mind numbingly stupid to need an opinion on an obvious scam albeit some people appear on this board trying to peddle rubbish but it's not something I would deign to comment on
__________________
neil
....Indicators show the past. Price Action "Indicates" the future.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Trader?
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:08pm   #53
 
Justice League's Avatar
Joined May 2005
When one gets a cold call alarm bells should start ringing, if people have nil experience with these boiler room operations it is because they have wised up to them. I would be worried if I had an 'experience' to share...
Justice League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:06pm   #54
 
1 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Possibly another one to add - Global Administrative Providers Inc. Their emerging Equity Group is based in Barcelona - he he.
Offering today is "GeneThera Inc" - who are listed on Nasdaq.
Any one else been tapped up?
mphancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:16pm   #55
 
2 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
OK, first timer on here, was approached by a financial adviser based in Spain after responding to an article re share advice. Great I thought, then they called re a share called "Evolve Oncology", told me that I would be able to get it for $5.00 a share, but will open at $10.00 on NASDAQ, doubling my money straight away, although he said I could not sell within 1 year due to NASDAQ rules. He thought a 750% return was possible. So I checked it out, looked for info and thought maybe, so verbally told them to go ahead with 1,000 shares. The name of the FA was Rob Burton from PriceStone Group. www.pricestonegroup.com, not until they called me back with further details did I get the name "Landmark Trade Services", I checked the FSA site again and there it was. Luckily I haven't sent any cash and won't be either. Pricestone is not listed on the FSA site from what I can tell, but you are not told who the cash is payable to until you've said yes.
andyhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:23pm   #56
 
4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
We have been approached by thomas Macarthur from perpetual suisse based in Geneva touting a company called Remington Ventures again listed on Nasdaq and that you have to hold shares for at least 12 months re US regulation S. Stupidly we agreed to buy shares but shall not be sending any money to Global Administrative Providers.
nmason1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:28pm   #57
 
sandrab's Avatar
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmason1968
We have been approached by thomas Macarthur from perpetual suisse based in Geneva touting a company called Remington Ventures again listed on Nasdaq and that you have to hold shares for at least 12 months re US regulation S. Stupidly we agreed to buy shares but shall not be sending any money to Global Administrative Providers.
Learn to put the phone down ........or give it to Salty Gibbon.....he'll sort them out with his gibbon talk
__________________
There's No Such Thing As A Bad Market - Only The Wrong Position

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Thoughts, Words, Discussion & Emotion
sandrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:33pm   #58
 
4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Does anybody know what happens if you have received a contract note but never send any money.
nmason1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:39pm   #59
 
sandrab's Avatar
Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmason1968
Does anybody know what happens if you have received a contract note but never send any money.
U become a Salty Gibbon.....mate u need help...gibbon help. Turn your phone off
__________________
There's No Such Thing As A Bad Market - Only The Wrong Position

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Thoughts, Words, Discussion & Emotion
sandrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:45pm   #60
 
4 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhofer
OK, first timer on here, was approached by a financial adviser based in Spain after responding to an article re share advice. Great I thought, then they called re a share called "Evolve Oncology", told me that I would be able to get it for $5.00 a share, but will open at $10.00 on NASDAQ, doubling my money straight away, although he said I could not sell within 1 year due to NASDAQ rules. He thought a 750% return was possible. So I checked it out, looked for info and thought maybe, so verbally told them to go ahead with 1,000 shares. The name of the FA was Rob Burton from PriceStone Group. www.pricestonegroup.com, not until they called me back with further details did I get the name "Landmark Trade Services", I checked the FSA site again and there it was. Luckily I haven't sent any cash and won't be either. Pricestone is not listed on the FSA site from what I can tell, but you are not told who the cash is payable to until you've said yes.
Do you think you will get chased for payment as a similar thing has happened to me. Do the shares actually get bought do you know?
nmason1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scams or not mikewhite Trading Systems 50 May 11, 2016 10:18am
Is this a boiler room??? chrisww Educational Resources 40 Jun 10, 2014 1:08pm

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/14154-boiler-room-scams.html
Posted By For Type Date
UK Campaign for Overseas Boiler Room Action | UKCobra.org This thread Refback Jan 30, 2011 11:58pm
Sphinx Asia Company - siapa pernah invest stock dgn diorg? - CariGold Forum This thread Refback Jan 12, 2011 3:52pm
Directory of Prop Trading Firms This thread Refback Dec 26, 2010 7:15pm
Digg - boiler room scams This thread Refback Nov 25, 2010 2:37pm
Info.co.uk - e1 asset management - www.Info.co.uk This thread Refback Nov 11, 2010 12:50am
hotstocked.com :: Topic review - DXPCF message board This thread Refback Nov 10, 2010 6:58pm
o2 secure wireless (OTOW): I came across this... This thread Refback Oct 12, 2010 1:38am
We want to buy your stock - - Fraudwatchers This thread Refback Sep 30, 2010 7:14pm
TMF: Re: Hang Seng Financial / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Jun 23, 2010 11:33pm
DXPCF message board This thread Refback Apr 7, 2010 7:19pm
investment scams - Page 10 | BoardReader This thread Refback Mar 19, 2010 7:14pm
Trying to Find Out More About Ventana Biotech, Inc. (VNTA.PK) This thread Refback Mar 9, 2010 4:34pm
Ventana Biotech, Inc. (VNTA): Hi, I go back to my previous post, This thread Refback Mar 5, 2010 7:23pm
Ventana Biotech, Inc. (VNTA): Hi, I go back to my previous post, This thread Refback Mar 5, 2010 5:41pm
Brokerages on Trade2Win Boards | BoardReader This thread Refback Feb 15, 2010 2:01pm
boiler room scams This thread Refback Feb 15, 2010 12:25pm
Regulation S Shares & Boiler Rooms - How to spot the scams | LearnMoney.co.uk This thread Refback Sep 11, 2009 8:56pm
FSW Europe This thread Refback Aug 10, 2009 8:39am
Yahoo! Message Boards - Quantum Fuel Systems Tech (QTWW) - Boiler room operations?? Post #0 Refback Jun 11, 2009 9:22pm
TMF: Laserlock Shares & FSW Europe / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Feb 19, 2009 9:04pm
Useful Resources - A Fool and his Money | Google Groups This thread Refback Oct 19, 2008 8:45pm
TMF: Recent Messages By cynicaleng This thread Refback Apr 5, 2008 10:02am
TMF: Re: J S Knight / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Mar 30, 2008 12:00pm
TMF: FSW Securities / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Feb 21, 2008 8:18pm
TMF: Re: FSW Securities / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Feb 21, 2008 11:53am
Boiler Room Scams - Page 72 - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums This thread Refback Feb 4, 2008 12:27pm
TMF: Re: Laserlock Shares & FSW Europe / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Jan 31, 2008 10:03pm
Proactive Investors :: View topic - Boiler Rooms - A definition This thread Refback Jan 22, 2008 12:47am
Bishopsgate capital :: BoardReader This thread Refback Dec 13, 2007 7:44pm
TMF: Pharma Holdings Inc / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Dec 10, 2007 2:43pm
"organisational structure of financial institutions" - topic profile :: BoardReader This thread Refback Dec 10, 2007 12:32pm
TMF: Pharma Holdings Inc / A fool And His Money... This thread Refback Dec 7, 2007 3:58pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)