How important are fundamentals?

This is a discussion on How important are fundamentals? within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Signalcalc Thanks for sharing some details, think I'll do some research and give it a try. Feel ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:18pm   #9
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Thanks for sharing some details, think I'll do some research and give it a try.
Feel free to ping me if you get stuck
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:16pm   #10
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
Feel free to ping me if you get stuck

Will do cheers
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:28am   #11
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
To give a reflection of things over the last 6 months in my intraday account, I have taken 45 trades of which 8 were losing trades with a max drawdown of 1.84% and an account has grown 51% (91% for the entire year). The biggest run of consecutive winners is 8 and my last losing trade was on 2016/12/07. I don't use any technical analysis and if i did i would have more losing trades due to the nature of technical setups. I have 2 accounts, the first is the intraday account using 10:1 leverage and the second is a long term account (positions 3-12 months) with 1:1 leverage.

Reasons for losing trades in the last 6 months:

5 of the trades were improperly paired trades (this is my biggest issue at the moment and its largely attributed the a divergence in the fundemantal position in the economy and market sentiment. This is my main area of focus to improve)
3 of the trades were caused by oversight of data i didn't see (doesn't happen often)
I suspect that you calculate max drawdown just on realised losses however max dd should be calculated on unrealised losses as well .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote