lexis Tsipras has announced he is resigning and has called an early election

This is a discussion on lexis Tsipras has announced he is resigning and has called an early election within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Impact & Intent? On the euro currency? Nothing. Intent? Yet another referendum and request for support from the people - ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:25pm   #1
Joined Aug 2015
lexis Tsipras has announced he is resigning and has called an early election

Impact & Intent?

On the euro currency? Nothing. Intent? Yet another referendum and request for support from the people - like it matters on the global stage. Sign of a weak government. That it is, and has no impact on the markets, suggest either it was all factored in or it makes little difference. Any other EZ PM resigning and calling an election would be 'news'. Have i got this right or am I missing something?
Izzy Fuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:34pm   #2
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Fuente View Post
Impact & Intent?

On the euro currency? Nothing. Intent? Yet another referendum and request for support from the people - like it matters on the global stage. Sign of a weak government. That it is, and has no impact on the markets, suggest either it was all factored in or it makes little difference. Any other EZ PM resigning and calling an election would be 'news'. Have i got this right or am I missing something?
Greece is a basket case and has been for years.....the only reason they are still in the Euro is a face saving exercise for the other partners. All politics in Greece is pretty much irrelevant.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: 0007
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:42pm   #3
Joined Aug 2015
Izzy Fuente started this thread The euro was never going to work (without political union)? And Greece never really qualified in the first place?
Izzy Fuente is offline   Reply With Quote