Calling all scalpers!!!

This is a discussion on Calling all scalpers!!! within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Good morning all. My name is James, and I am currency trader, who only focuses on scalping. Although I look ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:29am   #1
Joined Apr 2015
Calling all scalpers!!!

Good morning all.
My name is James, and I am currency trader, who only focuses on scalping. Although I look at forums as I await the proper setup for entry, trading gets rather boring, and I simply wanted to know if anyone knows of any chat rooms which one could join which caters to scalpers.
If we have enough interest to scalp, then I can simply open a skype group, or a php chat room in order for us to share ideas and trade together. For those who would like to see the scalping I do, please have a look at the link within my signature.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Paul.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:56am   #2
Joined Aug 2014
Hi James, or is it Paul? :-)

What instruments are you scalping?
Charles Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:34am   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
good luck dude ............check out forexperians thread here ..........he has a pretty good track record.......and a few of us also tag along for the ride as well

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:00pm   #4
Joined Apr 2015
ScalpingRus started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bronson View Post
Hi James, or is it Paul? :-)

What instruments are you scalping?
It is actually Paul James. As for the instruments I scalp it is mainly USD pairs. EUR.USD USD/JPY NZD.USD AUD.USD
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:01pm   #5
Joined Apr 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
good luck dude ............check out forexperians thread here ..........he has a pretty good track record.......and a few of us also tag along for the ride as well

N
Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:09pm   #6
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalpingRus View Post
It is actually Paul James. As for the instruments I scalp it is mainly USD pairs. EUR.USD USD/JPY NZD.USD AUD.USD
very sensible..me to
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:39pm   #7

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
mine to add me up in the scalping group?
jichuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:30am   #8
Joined Apr 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jichuen View Post
mine to add me up in the scalping group?
Sure. What is your skype ID so I can add you?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:15pm   #9
Joined May 2013
Scalping currencies? Market makers beware!
Solas0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:49pm   #10

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Quote:
Sure. What is your skype ID so I can add you?
jichuen.jichuen

hope to hear from you asap
jichuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2015, 9:31pm   #11
Joined Sep 2014
I aim for 2-4 ticks per trade in /ES. It's not hard when you have such small targets, as opposed to trading for 2-4 points. Use range bars so you can visualize the volatility and have tighter stops.
drtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2015, 4:23pm   #12
Joined Apr 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtro View Post
I aim for 2-4 ticks per trade in /ES. It's not hard when you have such small targets, as opposed to trading for 2-4 points. Use range bars so you can visualize the volatility and have tighter stops.

I also trade the same way. I typically await patters after breakouts, which setup for the new breakout. Many people contend that trading for small pips is murder because of the wicks, but the reality is you have less wicks inside of the accumulation structure, compared to when the market is actually breaking out.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:44pm   #13
Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
I also trade the same way. I typically await patters after breakouts, which setup for the new breakout. Many people contend that trading for small pips is murder because of the wicks, but the reality is you have less wicks inside of the accumulation structure, compared to when the market is actually breaking out.
Scalping on time based charts is stupid anyways in my opinion. Use range, renko, or tick charts to eliminate the noise. I don't know anything about FX. I trade /CL for income. Just getting into /ES because there's more liquidity there. I aim for 24-25 ticks a day in /CL. I did use range bars but I'm switching over to Renko 4 bricks.
drtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:46am   #14
Joined Apr 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtro View Post
Scalping on time based charts is stupid anyways in my opinion. Use range, renko, or tick charts to eliminate the noise. I don't know anything about FX. I trade /CL for income. Just getting into /ES because there's more liquidity there. I aim for 24-25 ticks a day in /CL. I did use range bars but I'm switching over to Renko 4 bricks.
The problem with renko is you can not see the wicks. Believe it or not the candles with any sort of wick is very important in scalping. What you call "noise" is your message to take a position. Why? It means limit orders are being activated and you see 10-20 pips before you see a retouch of the starting breakout price. Thus the name "breakout" meaning the only constant the market has is in a breakout one price sets off a rush towards another specific price. Understanding wicks, and how they play a roll in burst trading is the "need to know", and when a person calls it "noise" then that person is ignorant to the conditions in which the market works in. How does a person get a 1:200 reward growth, no one ever expects to hit it, but when it happens one should take notice to it. The market runs in loops. #AttackTheLoop
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:16pm   #15
Joined Apr 2015
ScalpingRus started this thread Here is an account I begin trading for since last week. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/goya...502903/1264450