How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks

This is a discussion on How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Put in mind that you started trading that way at 2011 not 2015 . GL...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:10pm   #57
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Put in mind that you started trading that way at 2011 not 2015 .

GL
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:11pm   #58
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Yikes.

But why not? - it was an easily replaceable deposit so why not trade exceptionally aggressively through exceptional volatility?
Yes the volatility really helped me. But the last two day's were very frustrating. I was in waiting for a break above the 10400 mark that did not materialize, I made good mone y on the Thursday but lost some on the Friday. Did not have the heart to keep an over night,over weekend, over bank holiday position, wars could start and finish by then! But my magic charts are telling me 11,000 ( on the DAX) in the next few weeks ahead.

Last edited by Aston1st; Aug 30, 2015 at 4:17pm.
Aston1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:23pm   #59
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Put in mind that you started trading that way at 2011 not 2015 .

GL
A good point. That's why I am sticking my neck out on this forum before the event.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:26pm   #60
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Good Luck
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: lawrence-lugar
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:04pm   #61
Joined Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston1st View Post
Time to kick start this thread with an up date.

Recently, I put £400.00 into an account, traded it on day one and managed to gain £640.00 profit. Withdrew £550.00 then the next day gave back all but £100 in my account!

I left my original capital of £400.00 in my bank, and added the £150.00 to the £100 remaining.

The news wires have been full of China this Week. I trade the DAX and have been expecting it to fall since the Greek saga last July unfolded.

I have managed to trade the £250.00 up to a wapping £11,000 since Friday the 21st August. I had a major loss last Friday of £1300.00 So I am £9,700 up overall I have taken £5600 out of that account to pay down some bills and turn paper profit to hard cash.

There were times that although I was bullish,I still took a short position. I am very promiscuous as a trader so don't end up marrying a losing position for long. I have done a 179 round turns so far.

Overall I have turned my £250 into £5600 ( i.e into hard cash) with the paper profit of £4100 still in the trading account.

So this September my starting capital will be £4,100

My goal is to turn this into £30,000 by 1st October. I'll let you know how I got on in October
Hi
I wish you a great deal of good fortune.
In my own trading i use Bollinger bands, pivots and EMA 57 i would hazard you
use the same?
I prefer to trade Dow jones afternoons and Dax up to 11am and only use 5 minute advanced charts.
all the best Michael
COINMOUNTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:21pm   #62
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by COINMOUNTAIN View Post
Hi
I wish you a great deal of good fortune.
In my own trading i use Bollinger bands, pivots and EMA 57 i would hazard you
use the same?
I prefer to trade Dow jones afternoons and Dax up to 11am and only use 5 minute advanced charts.
all the best Michael
Cheers Mucker, I use the Pivot's I shall definitely use the Bollinger bands as you suggested and look at the EMA although I am very much into Point and Figure, and once the funds are up the order book flow.

Shall keep those interested posted at the end of the month. Unless I blow up before then. Or hit my target of course
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:38pm   #63
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Well a brilliant start to the challenge, managed to be down on the day £3,200.00! Was trading between +/- £300.00 from 08:45 to around 18:00 hours before I got tumbled out. Having spent the whole day in this mode I just said to hell with the daily stop and got seriously wounded ( not killed though).

Apart from the obvious - Money Management.

What kills me is when there is a substantial gap as in today's DAX. It really prejudices my thoughts in what direction the main move will be. One just cannot shake off the feeling when the gap is 250 ticks.

With a draw down like this it's going to be a fight to break-even let alone my original objective!

One interesting point today has been the number of re quotes I have had with the trading platform ( 5) I am thinking of moving the small funds to prospreads but shall wait and see how things pan out.

Radio silence until the account has blown completely, broken even or hit my target!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:01am   #64
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Broke a rule and keep a position on overnight, give me an additional £500.00. Extra caution as Two Gap's today one above and one below the price.