How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks

This is a discussion on How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; Hi Aston1st, A couple of questions if I may . . . 1) Are these trades demo or for real? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:39pm   #81
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Hi Aston1st,
A couple of questions if I may . . .
1) Are these trades demo or for real?
2) Am I right in thinking you're using a spread betting firm and, if so, just curious to know why you go to the expense of e-Signal?
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:42pm   #82
Joined Jun 2005
Special Request from Miss Fortune

Aston1st started this thread
Aston1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:46pm   #83
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi Aston1st,
A couple of questions if I may . . .
1) Are these trades demo or for real?
2) Am I right in thinking you're using a spread betting firm and, if so, just curious to know why you go to the expense of e-Signal?
Tim.
Hi , yes I trade live.

I use E-signal to make sure i am trading of the exchange traded prices. The Squawk also is helpful some times sort of acts like a somebody looking out for the News and Colour flow. When starting it's pricey with a small account. But nothing gets your attention more than when the announcer says: "1 Minute to go" and your like "1 Minute for what and you make sure you don't put that trade on.

Once I manage to bug out and get to the foothills I shall move to prospreads then Trading Technologies for my trading platform to trade off the ladders.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:12am   #84
Joined Jun 2005
The First Stop is the CHEAPEST

Aston1st started this thread As paraphrased by Matt to the traders: "The first Stop is the Cheapest".

Gonna use this as my mantra

Yesterday's trading activity attached.

Last edited by Aston1st; Sep 10, 2015 at 7:24am.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:34am   #85
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Had shorted at 10237 £5.00 a tick and hit hard with the rise. Currently:

Short DAX 10@10251
Stop DAX 10295 for £10.00
Exit DAX 10050 for £10.00

Time Stamp: 09:35
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:10pm   #86
Joined Jun 2005
Aston1st started this thread Okay I am calling Endex to my initial goal of £4,000 into £40,000 by month end.
Nothing like putting undue pressure on yourself. Still it has been a great exercise in self discovery.

Summarize, I started with a small stake of £400.00 and flip up fantastically. Using the same ratios but cutting them in half I thought it realistic transform £4,000 into £40,000.

What I have found really frustrating is the following:

1. Gaps, whenever there is a GAP my trading becomes prejudice in terms of the direction I believe the market will be going which inevitably means the GAP will be filled.

2. Based on the above, there have been times I have not taken a profit. Last Monday I did not take a profit of £500 and took a loss of -£160. Then on Tuesday I did not take a profit of £1,000 but ended up with £160.00. Wednesday could have been a nightmare but turned out okay. And yet Thursday ( see attached 10th of September) laughably I was so busy trying to post this that I the market had turned against me and I ended up with a loss of -£1100.00 that really pissed me off. Friday just bad news.

3. Yet despite all the negativity my Endex performance is still by any measure pretty good. It's just that things could have been much much better.

4. Why?

The obvious finger to point would be a lack of self discipline. However, while this is a possible factor the real reason I believe is a "Fear of Success" the need to get a break through in thinking that it's perfectly fine to be generating profits of £1,000 - £2,000 a day. Possibly sub consciously I don't believe it which is why time and time again I give back profits when I don't need to. Definitely something to work on.

5. The best thing that I have done is to withdraw profits from the account when the going is good. the 1/3 rule ( 1/3 in a reserve account, 1/3 remain in the trading account and 1/3 to spend as one wishes). on the endex graph I have £2500 remaining ( reserve account) and I withdrawn the remainder.

6. Notes on the Endex Sheet: The Gross Profit and Loss column is simply the actual P&L I had in the account at the time I finished traded for the day. The Number of Trades are round trips = 1 Trade they are part estimation and some are counted from the statement the day after when I receive it. The Commission are not the actual brokers commission which would be a lot more.

I am taking time out on the sim before I trade with my reserve account.

If any of the moderators wish to verify my trading performance over this period that will be a pleasure to prove I have not been bull****ting and also hopefully to allow other traders to see that the mistakes they make are universal but also you can still make money in these markets anyone who is content with 5% returns a year on their capital has lost the plot.

In my opinion it's always better after you have got some experience in place to start with a decent account size £25,000 - 50,000 that way you will not be taking on too much risk. With a £50,000 account size taking £500 - 1000 a day would be **** easy. And it would be at a level where one would stop and say that's a good days pay. Unlike earning £10 -20.00 on £1,000 trading pot.

Happy to answer any questions Traders may have.

And no I don't believe in risking just 3% of my capital per trade.

Good luck - Roger and OUT.

Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:22am   #87
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
very interesting to read the thread A1.......brutally honest it seems ....so hats off to bearing your trading soul ......of course every trader here reading this will have opinions and views on what you are doing

for me all I say is good luck to you and follow your own trading path .....its your money so go for it

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:19pm   #88
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
very interesting to read the thread A1.......brutally honest it seems ....so hats off to bearing your trading soul ......of course every trader here reading this will have opinions and views on what you are doing

for me all I say is good luck to you and follow your own trading path .....its your money so go for it

N
Cheers NVP.