Best Threads in The 'Discretionary & Mechanical Trading' Forum

This is a discussion on Best Threads in The 'Discretionary & Mechanical Trading' Forum within the Discretionary Trading forums, part of the Methods category; What are ‘Best Threads’ Stickies? The idea behind ‘Best Threads’ Stickies is to have a thread pinned permanently at the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:54pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Best Threads in The 'Discretionary & Mechanical Trading' Forum

What are ‘Best Threads’ Stickies?
The idea behind ‘Best Threads’ Stickies is to have a thread pinned permanently at the top of every forum with links to threads within that forum that are of real merit with quality content. Listed here is the cream of the crop, the best threads in the Discretionary & Mechanical Trading forum!

How will they help me?
T2W is a big place and good threads can quickly get lost under a sea of newer ones. The links to the ‘Best Threads’ will save you the hassle of wading through the forum yourself, hoping to find the one that’s filled with pearls of wisdom!

What do I need to know about the list?
Each ‘Best Thread' is accompanied by a short précis outlining what it’s about. Threads don’t appear in any particular order, so the thread at the top of the list isn’t necessarily any better or more interesting than the one at the bottom of the list.

I’ve found a great thread which warrants ‘Best Thread’ status. Can it be added?
Sure! If you know of a great thread within this forum that isn’t listed here, either post your suggestion here or contact timsk Content Manager, with a link to the thread, saying what it’s about and what’s good about it and, all being well, it will be added.

The ‘Best Threads’ in the Discretionary & Mechanical Trading forum are:
The Order Book - Why Bother? by DionysusToast
This thread discusses the merits of watching order flow and thus spot changes in market direction before it prints on your charts.
Live Trading and General Chat Lounge
Lord Flasheart's ever popular thread goes from strength to strength and is the place where members put their reputations on the line by making live calls at the time they take their trades.
Anatomy of a Trade
This thread was started in Jan 2011 as part of T2W's 10th anniversary celebrations. It's a one day trading competition in which anyone could enter. This version of the thread has been heavily edited, leaving all the best bits. The basic idea of the comp' - along with a link to the original thread - can be found in Sharky's opening post.
Quick reference for real trading profit. Tips that work by options
A thread choc-a-bloc with great suggestions from fellow members!
Potential setups by trader_dante
A long running thread that does what it says on the tin.
Support & Resistance Explained by DionysusToast
A discussion about why support and resistance (S&R) works when it works and why it doesn't when it fails.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!

Last edited by timsk; Aug 19, 2013 at 7:28pm. Reason: Updating
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:23pm   #2
Joined Nov 2010
Re: Best Threads in The 'Discretionary Trading' Forum

hi does anyone know where the thread called 'trading naked' is located i'm trying to show it to my brother in law and cant find it. Thank you in advance

Last edited by timsk; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:06am. Reason: Updating title
paullunt1976 is offline   Reply With Quote