PFGbest brokers - owner tries to kill himself; client accounts frozen

This is a discussion on PFGbest brokers - owner tries to kill himself; client accounts frozen within the Direct Access forums, part of the Commercial category; The CEO of PFG could not have produced a more outlandish drama if he were a writer in Hollywood. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:49am   #9

8 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Re: PFGbest brokers - owner tries to kill himself; client accounts frozen

The CEO of PFG could not have produced a more outlandish drama if he were a writer in Hollywood. I can't get over the depth of his greed and deep seeded corruption. Soooo glad when I was choosing brokers last year that I crossed PFG off the list. I hope that the CEOs of MB Trading and Oanda (the brokers I use) are horrible with Photoshop and that they have internal checks and balances to keep people as honest as possible.
Sam33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:30am   #10

3 Posts
Joined May 2012
Re: PFGbest brokers - owner tries to kill himself; client accounts frozen

I am Canadian and used to open accounts at US brokerages in the 90's. Is this not still allowed, ie why limit to the ones actually in Canada?
I ask as I am thinking of opening an account with Interactive Brokers (UK based I think) and trade futures with them. I assume this is allowed but let me know if I am misinformed.
PS - had no idea that we'd be more protected here, good to know.
RockLobster7 is offline   Reply With Quote