FTSE 100 historical dividend yields

This is a discussion on FTSE 100 historical dividend yields within the Data Feeds forums, part of the Methods category; Steve Have you found any data source yet? Historic equity yields (for FTSE100 since 2000) is something I am trying ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:14pm   #9

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Re: FTSE 100 historical dividend yields

Steve
Have you found any data source yet? Historic equity yields (for FTSE100 since 2000) is something I am trying to find but without success.
Roy Thurston
roy thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:10am   #10
Joined Oct 2005

Stevoswing started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy thurston View Post
Steve
Have you found any data source yet? Historic equity yields (for FTSE100 since 2000) is something I am trying to find but without success.
Roy Thurston
Roy

No I haven't. One idea for an approximation though would be to go to Yahoo Finance and download the historical data for the dividend yield for the FTSE 100 ETF ISF. It would be very lumpy, payable quarterly I think.

Please let me know if you do find the proper data! Thanks.

Steve
Stevoswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:29pm   #11

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoswing View Post
Roy

No I haven't. One idea for an approximation though would be to go to Yahoo Finance and download the historical data for the dividend yield for the FTSE 100 ETF ISF. It would be very lumpy, payable quarterly I think.

Please let me know if you do find the proper data! Thanks.

Steve
I am afraid I have found this thread very late. The Office for National Statistics used to produce a time series going back to January 1963 of the FTSE All Share Dividend Yield as at the last trading day of the month.

Unfortunately they stopped doing this in May 2011 and the data does not appear on their web site any more. It used to have the reference A5FZ and appeared under their "Free Standing Statistics" table 7.1G. There is a limited archive on Timetric going back to 2003
FTSE all shares index, dividend yield, on the last working day | timetric.com

Since May 11 I have been updating this myself using the FT's web site "Research Data Archive". I attach the data since '63. You will just have to trust me that it is accurate of course, as you don't know me from Adam!

TheLastMan.
Attached Files
File Type: xls All share yield vs gilts yield - Copy.xls (104.0 KB, 1258 views)
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:54pm   #12
Joined Jul 2010

FTSE 350 Dividend tables, Yields, XD and Payment Dates, PE ratios, Market Capitalisation Information

this is a weekly speadsheet of dividends for uk shares
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 7:28pm   #13
Joined Oct 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
I am afraid I have found this thread very late. The Office for National Statistics used to produce a time series going back to January 1963 of the FTSE All Share Dividend Yield as at the last trading day of the month.

Unfortunately they stopped doing this in May 2011 and the data does not appear on their web site any more. It used to have the reference A5FZ and appeared under their "Free Standing Statistics" table 7.1G. There is a limited archive on Timetric going back to 2003

Since May 11 I have been updating this myself using the FT's web site "Research Data Archive". I attach the data since '63. You will just have to trust me that it is accurate of course, as you don't know me from Adam!

TheLastMan.
TheLastMan

I just realised I had not thanked you for the link and the historical data. So thank you very much!

Steve
Old May 19, 2012, 7:29pm   #14
Joined Oct 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Spaces View Post
Trading Spaces

Thanks for the link, I have signed up.

Steve
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:32pm   #15

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post

TheLastMan.
Hi TheLastMan. This data is great and exactly what I'm looking for in a study I'm undertaking. However I've checked with the ONS and with FT.com and there seems to be no data for the FTSE All Share Dividend Yield prior to 2003, even the ONS said there are no records.

Where has your data from 1963 to 2003 come from? I would find this data exceptionally useful, but cannot use it unless I get a source.

Thanks,
ProdigyMark is offline   Reply With Quote