Looking fior histopric data on spot price commodities.

This is a discussion on Looking fior histopric data on spot price commodities. within the Data Feeds forums, part of the Methods category; Anyone know where I can get this free? I'm looking for a few years data - the more the better. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:04pm   #1
Joined Jan 2008
Looking fior histopric data on spot price commodities.

Anyone know where I can get this free?

I'm looking for a few years data - the more the better.

I also want to be able to plot basic indicators. Looking for spot [prices also rather than just futures.
qwertyuiop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:35pm   #2
Joined Jul 2010
https://www.quandl.com/search?query= click on free on the left and then search for commodity, fourth one down, world bank from 1960 looks interesting.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:16am   #3
Joined Jan 2008
qwertyuiop1 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Spaces View Post
https://www.quandl.com/search?query= click on free on the left and then search for commodity, fourth one down, world bank from 1960 looks interesting.
That looks excellent - except the lowest timeframe is daily charts - whereas I trade the 4 hour timeframe.

Any idea where I could get one with the 4 hour timeframe?
qwertyuiop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:57pm   #4
Joined Jul 2010
You can get intraday futures data from esignal classic for $55 a month. Then use qcollector from www.mechtrading.com to get the data out of esignal. Then cancel esignal when you have the data you want. Historic usually means end of day.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:31pm   #5

8 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1 View Post
Anyone know where I can get this free?

I'm looking for a few years data - the more the better.

I also want to be able to plot basic indicators. Looking for spot [prices also rather than just futures.
I use BacktestMarket they are two guys offering intraday data for many trading symbols...

Sometimes there are problems in delivering Data, but they answer you immediately if you do not receive data and immediately find a way to deliver them to you. I really appreciate their work and data has got a good quality
Rutt Douglass is offline   Reply With Quote