Technical FOREX analyses by IVT

This is a discussion on Technical FOREX analyses by IVT within the Daily Analysis forums, part of the Commercial category; Please, read our previous article to better understand the context on the USD/JPY. Prices have reached TP3, and the level ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:34am   #9
Joined Nov 2017
$USDJPY View H4 - TP3 reached: waiting the end of the retracement

Lud Trader started this thread Please, read our previous article to better understand the context on the USD/JPY.

Prices have reached TP3, and the level at 111.24, which suggest that the wave 3 is potentially finished, even if prices can a little lower

All selling opportunities worked out perfectly and there were always paired with an IVT COMBO either on the same time frame (H4) or in a lower time frame (H1 and H2).

The regression channel was adjusted on the latest low (last know information). The target is to look for the next potential selling opportunities. The next level of resistance is 111.93 that is also the peak of the Elliot channel (claret- red full line) and the median line of the regression channel (red dotted line).

It could be then a great opportunity to short the USD/JPY and look for the finale bearish move, known as the wave 5.

It remains to see if the market is going to follow our trajectory, no one know where the market is going to go, but if the market reach our shorting area, you know what to do!

In this case, to enter the market it is safer to look a bearish combo setup in the same time frame or in lower time frame and then we will give you the Target Profit according to our predictions.
Attached Thumbnails
usdjpy.png  
Lud Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:36am   #10
Joined Nov 2017
$EURUSD (view H4) Tp2 reached, waiting for TP3

Lud Trader started this thread This market snapshot follows the one published yesterday.

Two trading strategies are possible with the upcoming FMOC.

Either you built a trading strategy in advance in the hope to see prices get away from your stop loss
Or you can wait that the FOMC induce a move in the direction that you are waiting to either go long or short on the mark.et
We got lucky that the volatility was enough high yesterday to drive away prices from our stop loss before the FOMC. All we had to do was to hope that the FOMC will not induce a reverse signal on the EUR/USD.

Our TP2 was reached during the night, and all you have to do is to wait that prices reach our TP3 that is set just below the theorical peak of the Head & Shoulders Pattern. It makes the most sense to take your profit off the table before this threshold. You can also let your winning position runs with a trailing stop as the bull fag pattern can also be activated.
Attached Thumbnails
eurusd.png  
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:05am   #11
Joined Apr 2016
There are certain hours to avoid day trading the USD/JPY, but there is also a window of time which is ideal.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:59pm   #12
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lud Trader View Post
The Double Top Formation has been validated. According to the DOW theory, we are in a downtrend. So now, we will be looking for short trade after the end of the retracement phase. The best will be if the market retrace up to 50%-61.8% of the Fibonacci Retracement levels.

More information on my profile
Won't work market is extremely unpredictable before tax reforms it all depends on news now and you can't expect anything from technical analysis to be realized.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:09am   #13
Joined Apr 2014
Gbp/Usd seems has lost it upside momentum, hovering around 1.33 level, break above 1.3360 would send the pair back to its bullish trend.
csc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:33am   #14
Joined Apr 2014
I will check it out your theory.
csc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:55am   #15
Joined Jul 2016
I prefer to trade with the EUR/USD as it is the most traded pair and hence I like to trade with it.
SmartGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:23am   #16
Joined Nov 2017
Lud Trader started this thread We actually short the USD JPY all the way down, and it was the most profitable the past 2weeks.. I am trying to create a thread with all my analysis but I do not why I cannot ..