Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Warning Signs About Another Giant Bitcoin Exchange https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/2...ex-tether.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:08pm   #1

Joined Jul 2017
Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

Warning Signs About Another Giant Bitcoin Exchange

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/2...ex-tether.html

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.

Last edited by Quantt; Nov 22, 2017 at 3:43pm.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:50pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
'Wolf of Wall Street'-style 'pump and dump' scams plague cryptocurrency markets

Quantt started this thread 'Market manipulation 101': 'Wolf of Wall Street'-style 'pump and dump' scams plague cryptocurrency markets

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ico-cr...legram-2017-11

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Nowler
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:18pm   #3

Joined Jul 2017
The bitcoin exchange Coinbase has been ordered to hand the IRS info on 14,355 of its

Quantt started this thread The bitcoin exchange Coinbase has been ordered to hand the IRS info on 14,355 of its highest-rolling customers

http://www.businessinsider.com/coinb...-taxes-2017-11

Looks like selling pressure might be coming soon after tax bills and penalties are handed out...

Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:22pm   #4
Joined Sep 2010
It will be interesting to see if things like that are reflected in the price or just ignored and it carries on surging.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:47pm   #5
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
It will be interesting to see if things like that are reflected in the price or just ignored and it carries on surging.
I'm going to keep an eye on it myself

Anyone talking like Bitcoin is unstoppable is not a trader...they are either a gambler or just a plain fool

I've hear people talking about anonymity with Bitcoin, but now here we have the exact opposite, should they comply
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: boyes51
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:12pm   #6

Joined Nov 2003
http://uk.businessinsider.com/jeremy...neur-30-2017-8
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:31pm   #7
Joined May 2016
Just a few troubles with any crypto coin:
* Regulation will be imposed
* Scams to be exposed
* Hackers are always attacking
* It's so un-eco friendly it's unbelievable - the amount of energy being used to mine is increasing all the time, predicted to be more than the consumption of the UK early next year and surpassing the US by 2019. Sooner or later it will be stopped.
Not so bad if you hold a derivative and can get rid, not so good if you own actual coin.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:58pm   #8

Joined Oct 2015
bitcoin is not more than gambling