Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; $24 million iced tea company says it's pivoting to the blockchain, and its stock jumps more than 200% https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/21/long...ock-soars.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:51pm   #25

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread $24 million iced tea company says it's pivoting to the blockchain, and its stock jumps more than 200%

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/21/long...ock-soars.html

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:10pm   #26

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
No doubt...

"There's a sucker born every minute" as my buddy P. T. Barnum used to say...
"...and two to take him." don't forget the rest
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:40pm   #27

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
"...and two to take him." don't forget the rest
LOL, thanks Pip!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:10pm   #28

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
LOL, thanks Pip!
having said this, wish i had foresight to buy a few hundred when they were under 10 bucks, but alas ...i'm a conservative fool
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:16pm   #29

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
having said this, wish i had foresight to buy a few hundred when they were under 10 bucks, but alas ...i'm a conservative fool
I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...

Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:33pm   #30

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...
i understand, but is there a difference here.

crypto currency was new and intriguing currency concept 10 yrs ago. and bitcoin was in the lead, it was worth a look ..but ..don't have the stones and couldn't afford the flyer
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:41pm   #31

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
i understand, but is there a difference here.

crypto currency was new and intriguing currency concept 10 yrs ago. and bitcoin was in the lead, it was worth a look ..but ..don't have the stones and couldn't afford the flyer
I do work in IT/Security, so I keep an eye the space and even back then at let's say $30 didn't make sense as an investment... And I am yet to see the block chain technology to be widely used in real life for anything else than tokens...

But let's just say someone gave me a 100 as a gift for example, I would have sold them long time ago after the first 10x run/big drop, so nothing for me personally to feel sorry about...

Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:37pm   #32
Joined May 2012
Quote:
But let's just say someone gave me a 100 as a gift for example, I would have sold them long time ago after the first 10x run/big drop, so nothing for me personally to feel sorry about...
In 2014 the MIT Bitcoin Club provided each of MITís 4,494 undergraduates with $100 in bitcoin. Interestingly, 30% of the students did not even sign up for the free money, and 20% of the sign-ups converted the bitcoin to cash within a few weeks.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote