Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

This is a discussion on Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Quantt Who still thinks ETH smart contracts cannot be changed, especially if you are friends with Vitalik? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:26pm   #181
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Who still thinks ETH smart contracts cannot be changed, especially if you are friends with Vitalik?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/co...tract_code_at/
what a bunch of super-nerds!
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Quantt
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:33pm   #182

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread SEC preparing cryptocurrency fraud crackdown, Jay Clayton’s biggest enforcement move yet

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ement-move-yet

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:11pm   #183

5 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
I'm going to keep an eye on it myself

Anyone talking like Bitcoin is unstoppable is not a trader...
Couldn't agree more. Cryptos offer some interesting opportunities but I'm more vested in blockchain tech long term.
DaveP648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:22pm   #184

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread New York wants cryptocurrency exchanges to explain themselves, Winklevoss says he'll comply
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/new-...ll-comply.html

A.G. Schneiderman Launches Inquiry Into Cryptocurrency “Exchanges”
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-s...ency-exchanges

STATE OF NEW YORK OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL VIRTUAL MARKETS INTEGRITY INITIATIVE QUESTIONNAIRE

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/file...stionnaire.pdf

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.

Last edited by Quantt; Apr 17, 2018 at 8:27pm.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:08pm   #185

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread SEC issues subpoena to cryptocurrency company Riot Blockchain

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/18/sec-...lockchain.html

Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:22pm   #186

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread What Bitcoin Is Really Worth May No Longer Be Such a Mystery

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...such-a-mystery

Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:56pm   #187
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
What Bitcoin Is Really Worth May No Longer Be Such a Mystery
Hi Quantt,
I give you full marks for your ability to pour scorn and derision on Cryptos on an almost daily basis, and I accept that many of the articles you link to have merit. However, I'm going to call you out on this one I'm afraid. It's not worth the (virtual) paper it's typed on - for two reasons:
1. Firstly, it's based on a theory written by two economists. And, as everyone knows, they know sweet FA about sweet FA!
2. Secondly, they named it the Côtes du Rhône theory - after the wine they were drinking. Two bottles of it between them, apparently. I stopped reading right there. If they were drinking - I dunno - say a decent Margeaux or something - then their theory might have a drop of credibility. At least it would have a sexy name: The Margeaux Theory. But two bottles of Côtes du Rhône? I don't think so, that's enough to make anyone write tosh!

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:03pm   #188

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi Quantt,
I give you full marks for your ability to pour scorn and derision on Cryptos on an almost daily basis, and I accept that many of the articles you link to have merit. However, I'm going to call you out on this one I'm afraid. It's not worth the (virtual) paper it's typed on - for two reasons:
1. Firstly, it's based on a theory written by two economists. And, as everyone knows, they know sweet FA about sweet FA!
2. Secondly, they named it the Côtes du Rhône theory - after the wine they were drinking. Two bottles of it between them, apparently. I stopped reading right there. If they were drinking - I dunno - say a decent Margeaux or something - then their theory might have a drop of credibility. At least it would have a sexy name: The Margeaux Theory. But two bottles of Côtes du Rhône? I don't think so, that's enough to make anyone write tosh!

Tim.
1. 50% true, one was hedge fund manager...
2. Actually the 2 bottles made them value the bitcoin at $200, but the next day they did the recalculations without the wine and the result was $20

Last edited by Quantt; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:57pm.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:57pm   #189

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Kraken cryptocurrency exchange says it will not comply with New York inquiry

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/krak...k-inquiry.html

Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:20am   #190

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread Panic mode:

Venture capitalists seek 'safe harbor' for virtual currencies

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/vent...urrencies.html

Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:36pm   #191
Joined Sep 2010
You still sitting on the fence then Quantt?

All the hype seems to have died down a bit now, barely anyone mentions bitcoin to me anymore...
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:16pm   #192

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
You still sitting on the fence then Quantt?

All the hype seems to have died down a bit now, barely anyone mentions bitcoin to me anymore...
Security/IT is part of my other job, so I am keeping tabs on any significant plays, even tough I still think blockchain has no mainstream future, just because distributed databases are very expensive to maintain...

Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:30pm   #193

Joined Jul 2017
Quantt started this thread SEC charges a third founder of Floyd Mayweather-backed cryptocurrency with fraud

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/sec-...ocurrency.html