Sharegain

This is a discussion on Sharegain within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Has anyone dealt with Sharegain? I tried to contact by phone (because it was shown on their website sharegain.co.uk) and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:18pm   #1
Joined Feb 2005
Sharegain

Has anyone dealt with Sharegain?

I tried to contact by phone (because it was shown on their website sharegain.co.uk) and ending up getting through to someone at Jarvis Investment Management. I ask them to put me through to Sharegain and their reply was: 'Sharegain?'

Now my thoughts after his reply either no one told them about Sharegain or they couldn't be bothered to check their own website out.

So I said well I found the number on the website and all I wanted to ask is if they have a stop-loss order and if they do how long can it be monitored for.

In addition the websites states that there's annual change for ISA accounts, though there a monthly charge of £10. My question was does the £10 monthly charge apply to the ISA account. Needless to say the person on the other end couldn't answer any of my questions.

So what I want to know is the following:

Has anyone had any similar problems to what I have?

How did you manage to sort this problem out?

Plus do they have another phone number I can contact them on?

Also do they do stop-loss orders and how long is it mentioned for?

I'll be grateful if anyone from this forum can help.

I find it very inconvenient for a broker who puts a contact on the website only to find that my call is taken by someone at Jarvis who doesn't know anything about Sharegain.
Martin Kong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 4:08pm   #2

1 Posts
Joined May 2009
gut feeling would be to avoid them. If their employees don't even know what the company does for a living it would wave a seriously red flag to me.
taureanholdings is offline   Reply With Quote