L2 Dealer - IG

This is a discussion on L2 Dealer - IG within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hey folks, Anyone use L2 dealer by IG ? Any feedback or whatnot? I would like to try move into ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:33pm   #1
Joined Sep 2017
L2 Dealer - IG

Hey folks,

Anyone use L2 dealer by IG?
Any feedback or whatnot?

I would like to try move into stock trading over the next few months and just trying to find the right broker and tools? Level 2 order flow will be an important aspect of this learning curve.

Thanks in advance
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:59pm   #2
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread Alternative suggestions welcome also
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:17am   #3
awe
Joined Apr 2010
Interactive Brokers, their TWS platform can take a bit of getting used to but is flexible and powerful.
awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:31pm   #4
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by awe View Post
Interactive Brokers, their TWS platform can take a bit of getting used to but is flexible and powerful.
Thanks for that.
I'll take a gander.

IB are geared toward professional traders though..
I'll only have a modest starting account of 2k or a little.bit more
Old Yesterday, 1:53pm   #5
awe
Joined Apr 2010
You can still trade CFDs on lots of stocks with them so you can trade with a small account free from the PDT rules. Not sure how their commissions compare so there could be better options but I know their platform and L1 and L2 stuff all works well.
awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:10pm   #6
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by awe View Post
You can still trade CFDs on lots of stocks with them so you can trade with a small account free from the PDT rules. Not sure how their commissions compare so there could be better options but I know their platform and L1 and L2 stuff all works well.
Great!
I appreciate the help mate!