Odd

This is a discussion on Odd within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi All Just a quick one like many others I see the market move quickly against you the second a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:21pm   #1

Joined Feb 2017
Odd

Hi All

Just a quick one like many others I see the market move quickly against you the second a trade is placed.

Happens all the time and never in my favour, however today as usual the same happened and seeing a move happen on the AUS/USD I placed a trade both sell and forced buy to have 2 positions in opposite directions and guess what no movement for the last hour just a tick 1 way then the other. Is it me or are IG Index playing silly buggers something I have thought fro a long while ...... Just a thought

Gary
gtspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:39pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
Just a thought but is the discrepancy accounted for by the spread? That would always put you in the red with no change to charts or quotes.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:53pm   #3

Joined Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtspeed View Post
Hi All

Just a quick one like many others I see the market move quickly against you the second a trade is placed.

Happens all the time and never in my favour, however today as usual the same happened and seeing a move happen on the AUS/USD I placed a trade both sell and forced buy to have 2 positions in opposite directions and guess what no movement for the last hour just a tick 1 way then the other. Is it me or are IG Index playing silly buggers something I have thought fro a long while ...... Just a thought
Set up IG demo account (in another name)
When you trade have demo open
Compare
GN
Emini-mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:53pm   #4

Joined Feb 2017
gtspeed started this thread No the market simply stalled, would move a tick one way think about it then move the other a tick. A few mins can go with but to stall for a hour seemed strange

Gary
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:55pm   #5

Joined Feb 2017
gtspeed started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emini-mouse View Post
Set up IG demo account (in another name)
When you trade have demo open
Compare
Sounds like a good idea , I did check against Intertrader and they where a good 2 points different so I wonder

PS

Still no movement either way

Gary
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:02pm   #6
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtspeed View Post
Hi All

If you think the market or the broker is always out to get you then that becomes part of your belief system. In the words of Van Tarp "You do not trade the market, you trade your beliefs about the market". Be mindful of the dispositional affect when making trade decisions.

I have a question for you. What do you see in the following words?

OPPORTUNITIESARENOWHERE

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:20pm   #7
Joined Jan 2017
I know exactly what your saying. It does happen all the time. I cant explain it either. But as soon as you place a sell market order for example it stalls and shoots the other direction. It very clear to see that happen on the 1 min or 30 sec charts. Its like your positon acts as resistance. Its manipulated to go against you, besides who wants you to take their money, no one of course so, they'll do all they can to stop you winning and get you in to margin call or bully you to closing your position.

The market will make you bleed for all you have. Retail traders will lose, and your emotions will play with you, so you end up doubling up and lose more.

Dont leave the day job.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:49am   #8
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
I know exactly what your saying. It does happen all the time. I cant explain it either. But as soon as you place a sell market order for example it stalls and shoots the other direction. It very clear to see that happen on the 1 min or 30 sec charts. Its like your positon acts as resistance. Its manipulated to go against you, besides who wants you to take their money, no one of course so, they'll do all they can to stop you winning and get you in to margin call or bully you to closing your position.

The market will make you bleed for all you have. Retail traders will lose, and your emotions will play with you, so you end up doubling up and lose more.

Dont leave the day job.
I do agree with your description on the general outcomes of most retail traders but not the causality. For example, if you are frequently having margin call issues that is because you have a position sizing problem relative to your equity. Don't blame your broker.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton , brewski1984