Odd

This is a discussion on Odd within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Brumby I do agree with your description on the general outcomes of most retail traders but not ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:31pm   #9
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
I do agree with your description on the general outcomes of most retail traders but not the causality. For example, if you are frequently having margin call issues that is because you have a position sizing problem relative to your equity. Don't blame your broker.
My broker is a market maker and offers 500:1 leverage. So they know what's going to happen to their customers account. They just enticing the retailer to play. Then take you to the cleaners. That not being naïve either.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:03am   #10
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
My broker is a market maker and offers 500:1 leverage. So they know what's going to happen to their customers account. They just enticing the retailer to play. Then take you to the cleaners. That not being naïve either.
Naivety is believing that one can trade a 500:1 leverage position and not get busted. Victimhood mentality is blaiming the broker for offering it because one is stupid enough to take it up. The road to recovery is responsibly acknowledging the above.
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:15am   #11
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Naivety is believing that one can trade a 500:1 leverage position and not get busted. Victimhood mentality is blaiming the broker for offering it because one is stupid enough to take it up. The road to recovery is responsibly acknowledging the above.
Why defend the brokers, they're all part of this massive financial manipulation. Yes they provide the platform, but they want some thing in return and bringing us into the game.

The banks, hedge funds, Market makers are all on the same team. Playing against the Retailers. Poor you and me. Statistics don't lie 90% of retail traders will lose.

To the original poster, be very aware of the pit fall. You aint going to the the 10%. Sorry just reality.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:26am   #12
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
Why defend the brokers, they're all part of this massive financial manipulation. Yes they provide the platform, but they want some thing in return and bringing us into the game.

The banks, hedge funds, Market makers are all on the same team. Playing against the Retailers. Poor you and me. Statistics don't lie 90% of retail traders will lose.

To the original poster, be very aware of the pit fall. You aint going to the the 10%. Sorry just reality.
I have no vested interest with platform providers and I don't disagree with the statistics that 90 % of retail traders loose money. I have a problem with ignorant gamblers and traders who take outsized risk through leverage and blame the system for their own failures.
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:53am   #13
 
Kaeso's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
My broker is a market maker and offers 500:1 leverage. So they know what's going to happen to their customers account. They just enticing the retailer to play. Then take you to the cleaners. That not being naïve either.
it IS being naive actually; they allowed you to take yourself to the cleaners, they didn't do the taking

Last edited by Kaeso; Feb 4, 2018 at 9:56am.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:45pm   #14
Joined Jan 2017
good. so we all agree trading is bad.
TheRegulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:20pm   #15
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
good. so we all agree trading is bad.
It's only bad for mug punters that don't understand what they're doing.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:37pm   #16
Joined Feb 2002
Trading with high leverage is like skiing - there are risks but nobody's ever forced to take the black run. I don't hear many calls from any directions for skiing to be banned.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Options vs fixed odd ommc Futures & Options 0 Feb 7, 2012 10:37pm
An Odd Book—perhaps! subarashi Educational Resources 0 Feb 14, 2010 3:35am
ODD$ E-mini system chad Trading Systems 6 Mar 8, 2005 5:18pm
Odd jonnyy40 Data Feeds 1 Sep 12, 2003 8:11pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)