Tickmil (Armada) ... anyone have experience with this broker ?

This is a discussion on Tickmil (Armada) ... anyone have experience with this broker ? within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Just my two cents here. A friend mentionned me Tickmill as a good broker. I was rather dubitative, cause I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:29pm   #17
Joined Jan 2015
Just my two cents here. A friend mentionned me Tickmill as a good broker. I was rather dubitative, cause I preferred to have my broker in better regulated countries, but after checking their reputation I decided to open a small live ECN account. Not only operations are good, but my account did not suffer from the CHF crisis ( and believe me, some of my friends in supposed « safer » brokers are now in deep trouble) . So thanks for gthe good job to the Tickmill guy !
stefcio2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Tickmill
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:36am   #18
Joined Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio2002 View Post
Just my two cents here. A friend mentionned me Tickmill as a good broker. I was rather dubitative, cause I preferred to have my broker in better regulated countries, but after checking their reputation I decided to open a small live ECN account. Not only operations are good, but my account did not suffer from the CHF crisis ( and believe me, some of my friends in supposed « safer » brokers are now in deep trouble) . So thanks for gthe good job to the Tickmill guy !
The only upside I see is that they've acquired at least some regulation (be it even the Seychellan one). At least, there will now be someone to liquidate them should they ever follow the path of Alpari UK and LQD Markets.
babyjake1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:46am   #19

Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjake1961 View Post
The only upside I see is that they've acquired at least some regulation (be it even the Seychellan one). At least, there will now be someone to liquidate them should they ever follow the path of Alpari UK and LQD Markets.
Please read our "Swiss Franc Shock" News article - http://www.tickmill.com/company-news...tility-eurchf/
Tickmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:29am   #20
Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjake1961 View Post
Alpari UK and LQD market... Both were well regulated. Did it protect them against insolvency? No. Regulation failed to spot unsafe broker practice, and proved to be not enough anymore to define a reliable broker.
stefcio2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:59pm   #21
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Alpari UK and LQD market... Both were well regulated. Did it protect them against insolvency? No. Regulation failed to spot unsafe broker practice, and proved to be not enough anymore to define a reliable broker.
While a regulated broker is good, an account that are secured and kept in segregated accounts is even better. I think one should know if accounts are secured and "ring fenced" or not, so that if a company goes bankrupt, the trader will eventually, even though it will take some, be able to recoup the money at the account.

I trade with a few not fully regulated and secured, but I am careful not depositing too much money. I like the fact that a representetive of Tickmill comes on the forum to clearify his views, on the issue of a small country broker regulation.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494 , stefcio2002 , Tickmill
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:40am   #22
Joined Sep 2013
Okay, then how we can check that client accounts are segregated? Is it enough to make a request to a broker?
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:49pm   #23
Joined Aug 2012
OTC broker goes down

Quote:

Although true but you must also look at the fact that because of being FCA regulated broker at least client have some chance of getting their money back what chance with a "Seychellan " regulated broker! or one in Cyprus or in Malta for that matter even a OECD country like Australia!
OTC broker goes down your money is gone .

Their first defense is
1) you money is kept in one of 4 major banks in Australia
Yes those banks are not likely to go belly up but you Mr "Broker" can!
This statement is like saying "Trust me because you can trust the big regulated bank"
2) Money is ring fenced
Yah in theory but in practice?

There are vested interestest at play which don;t want to see tighter "Client money safety rules" and they will lobby the government and win because common investor does not bother!
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:44am   #24
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by moka2 View Post
Although true but you must also look at the fact that because of being FCA regulated broker at least client have some chance of getting their money back what chance with a "Seychellan " regulated broker!

Retail traders are not eligible to reimbursement investor scheme from FCA, but at least they require a broker to segregate client funds as a prerequisite before giving a leg up.
Guess, Tickmill ensured keeping their client and operational funds in different pockets as well.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Tickmill