Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Can I trade TSE JGBs thru Interactive? I have no set up atm. What would the costs be? I see ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:31pm   #946

3 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Can I trade TSE JGBs thru Interactive?
I have no set up atm. What would the costs be?
I see that commission including execution an clearing is JPY750 per side.
laminad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:53pm   #947
Joined Jun 2004
Pity IB's site is so confusing, with some of the links apparently leading in circles or to unavailable pages.

For a UK resident, trading mainly US indices, what are the costs: minimum initial deposit (in £), whether that has to be maintained, etc?
Phil Mibbutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 2:06pm   #948

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Mibbutz View Post
Pity IB's site is so confusing, with some of the links apparently leading in circles or to unavailable pages.

For a UK resident, trading mainly US indices, what are the costs: minimum initial deposit (in £), whether that has to be maintained, etc?
Required Minimums

Minimum 10000 USD initial deposit.
After that you can withdraw money, but you must have at least USD 2000 in your account to trade a margin account.
firewalker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:18am   #949

6 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Can someone tell me what the smallest amounts are that I can trade on dow and main euro futures with interactive, I want to trade quite often per day but I only want to start in small sizes so I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of direct access with spread betting, many thanks
molojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 2:13am   #950

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by molojo View Post
Can someone tell me what the smallest amounts are that I can trade on dow and main euro futures with interactive, I want to trade quite often per day but I only want to start in small sizes so I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of direct access with spread betting, many thanks
The smallest contract will be the YM or mini Dow, one contract of which is worth $5 per point, and trades with a one point spread most of the time. The DAX is E12.50 per half-point, averages a 1 point spread (2 half points). Eurostox50 E10 per point, 1p spread.
Obviously these contracts are a fixed size regardless of which DA broker you choose.

Last edited by peto; Apr 16, 2008 at 11:04pm. Reason: corrected estx50 value
peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:02pm   #951
Joined Jun 2003
No, no, no

the EStx50 is € 10,00 per point only!!!!! So is the BUND! Both are recommended for starters, although moving slowly only. Faster ones that are small are IBEX and CAC40.

Kind regards

Hittfeld
Hittfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:02pm   #952

Joined Dec 2002
Thanx Hittfeld, E10 per point it is for the for the Eurostox ... oops. Original post now corrected
peto is offline   Reply With Quote