Interactive Brokers

This is a discussion on Interactive Brokers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; I would like to know at which point it becomes favourable to be on the unbundled structure for trading US ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:44pm   #1073
Joined Mar 2008
I would like to know at which point it becomes favourable to be on the unbundled structure for trading US market futures. Thanks.
Benedetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:30pm   #1074

6 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
What if I open EUR account, and trade USD futures, like corn? Is there a fee (or bid-ask spread) every time currency needs to be converted?
BalRog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:28pm   #1075

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetti View Post
I would like to know at which point it becomes favourable to be on the unbundled structure for trading US market futures. Thanks.
http://individuals.interactivebroker...&ib_entity=llc

You will see that unbundled is less in nearly every case, even at low volumes.
peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:37pm   #1076

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalRog5 View Post
What if I open EUR account, and trade USD futures, like corn? Is there a fee (or bid-ask spread) every time currency needs to be converted?
No. you use your euros for margin, then when the position is closed your profit (loss) will show as a USD balance (or negative balance). Eventually you may want to convert this back to euros depending on your long term view of the future of the usd, but there is no need to do this often, once a month or two would probably suit most people since there is a small bid-ask spread (but only 1pip on Idealpro if you change >25k, perhaps as part of another trade) and fee $2.50(?) to do so.
peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:28pm   #1077

Joined Mar 2008
How long do you think we should give IB to reply to post 1070 above before concluding that they're not worried about their reputation?
Adamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:30pm   #1078
Joined Mar 2008
Thanks very much, Peto.

I've got another one. How do you sell stocks after market? I guess there is an option that needs to be activated, but I cannot find it. Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:51pm   #1079
Joined Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetti View Post
Thanks very much, Peto.

I've got another one. How do you sell stocks after market? I guess there is an option that needs to be activated, but I cannot find it. Thanks.
Ok, I found it. It turns out that I was trying with a Market order, and you need to put a limit to be able to trade outside regular trading hours, which makes sense.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:27pm   #1080
Joined Feb 2003
IB Data

Hi Guys

I hope im not covering old ground, but here goes, i have always traded futures but now i fancy having ago at uk stocks, i use IB and downloaded historical data and was surprised at the amount of spikes, so i thought i will wait untill the market opens then collect real time data, and to my surprise the data is full of spikes, what i want to know is, is this the norm for uk stocks with IB, also i checked the stocks on a bigcharts.com and ADVFN, the data was spike free. i use tradestation 2000 and IB.

Best Regards mark
marky is offline   Reply With Quote