ECN Broker - MT4

This is a discussion on ECN Broker - MT4 within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Well after searching and trying every Demo on the market I have found what I was looking for. Firtsly a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:58pm   #1
Joined Jan 2009
ECN Broker - MT4

Well after searching and trying every Demo on the market I have found what I was looking for.

Firtsly a message to any Forum Moderator :
I'm not selling I'm a Home Retail Trader searching for a broker and just sharing with the community.

Shopping List:
ECN Broker
Tight Spreads
Low Commisions
Regulated
Broker where I'm the small guy that has Larger Account Traders trading.
MT4/5

I tried FXCM, Smart Live Markets, Hot Forex & Alpari plus more that I forget right now but if you want my view on a broker ask away.

Today I found Fair Trading Technology who provide the MT4 bridge to Dukascopy who I think we all regard as the best. You get a live account to there JFOREX platform which is web based and I don't like it but your account is linked to the FTT MT4 platform which is Dukascopy.

Thses links explian it better than me:
http://www.fairtradingtech.com/t3-br...way-execution/
http://www.fairtradingtech.com/dukascopy-and-mt4/

Just traded a few trades to see how it all works but got excited so I'm posting now.
FTT does not hold your money they just provide the Technology to trade MT4 on Dukascopy.

Dukascopy are not promoting this and in a email to me they say " Fair Trading Technology is an MT4 provider that has access to our trading system. Your account is with Dukascopy and all funds are held in your Jforex account but you can trade on either. This is a third party software so we are not able to promote this service "

One thing I noticed that if I open a trade in JFOREX it instantly opens in MT4 but if I close in JFOREX it opens another trade in MT4 rather than close. But I will only be opening in MT4 anyway.

But with JFOREX in the background you can see Market Depth plus get good news feeds.

Just thought I would share this as I had not seen this before.

Min Deposit $1,000 but I also asked if I could trade in GBP rather than USD and they said
yes.

Going to trade the Demo over next week
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 4:41am   #2
Als
Joined Jul 2010
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

Divisa ?

demo looks good

i'd be glad to get your opinion
Als is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:10am   #3

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2010

Tell me about your experience with ********.......up to date info..
bandor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:47pm   #4
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread Straight Through Processing STP/ECN Broker
Margin leverage from 1:1 up to 1:500
******** MetaTrader 4 Terminal
Scalping and Expert Advisors Allowed
Bonuses on new accounts and existing accounts
Spreads: from 0.8 pips
No Commission
Free Fast Deposits/Withdrawal by Debit Card
Regulated

All seems good yeah

BUT

On further investigation the office is located at an office blocked with other business but has three companies in one office. Regulated in Mauritius and I got confirmation that they are regulated.

Claim to be ECN but when you look deeper is just STP and execution for an STP platform can be slow.

Scalpers welcome but again look deeper and you'll find you have to watch a trade as you can't put stop loss to close.

Being based in Mauritius and only able to trade in EURO or USD put me off but you'll find traders who love the site. As I always say DEMO before LIVE trading.

One thing to remember to set up a MT4 platform and set yourself up as a Forex Trading Company is easy and cheap. Small companies are all over the internet on MT4 be sure you trade with a good company with a solid trading base.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:53pm   #5
Joined Jan 2009

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als View Post
Divisa ?

demo looks good

i'd be glad to get your opinion
Yep that's a new one on me lol

I'm in the UK so I want:
Trade in GBP
FSA Regulated (Or a big enough like Dukascopy)

There are quite a few New Zealand and Australian based MT4 companies but then your charts are in there Time Zone not yours and you can't change Time Zones.

All companies from that region I'm not interested in

One thing to remember to set up a MT4 platform and set yourself up as a Forex Trading Company is easy and cheap. Small companies are all over the internet on MT4 be sure you trade with a good company with a solid trading base.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:24am   #6
Joined May 2009

JD- Can you open/close all orders from MT4? i.e if you have a buy stop order with a TP will it instantly execute?

Do you have any latency figures? If you request a price does it instantly fill?

Edit: Got a demo a/c so will have a look and see how it goes. Been looking for an MT4 bridge for a long time!

Last edited by Dubai; Apr 26, 2011 at 11:29am.
Dubai is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:36am   #7

Joined Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
BUT

On further investigation the office is located at an office blocked with other business but has three companies in one office. Regulated in Mauritius and I got confirmation that they are regulated.

Claim to be ECN but when you look deeper is just STP and execution for an STP platform can be slow.

Scalpers welcome but again look deeper and you'll find you have to watch a trade as you can't put stop loss to close.

Being based in Mauritius and only able to trade in EURO or USD put me off but you'll find traders who love the site. As I always say DEMO before LIVE trading.

When I read your first post I did wonder about these things. Also demo accounts don't demonstrate how quickly you'd get filled. No point having a tight spread if the guy on the other end likes to have a wank before clicking the accept button.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:17pm   #8
Joined Mar 2011

hi jd, how did the demo go with fair trade tech ? i am keen to get my EA on dukas.
cheers.
saj1011 is offline   Reply With Quote