ECN Broker - MT4

This is a discussion on ECN Broker - MT4 within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; for FTT to answer run demo can see commission around 5 euros duka charges around 10 and your 5 and ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:09am   #17
Als
Joined Jul 2010
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

for FTT to answer

run demo

can see commission around 5 euros

duka charges around 10 and your 5

and spread 0.8-1.2

in total more than 2 pip per lot

can't see any reason to use duka with mt4 bridge

did i get it right?
Als is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:13am   #18
Als
Joined Jul 2010
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
The FTT MT4 worked fine but the commission you see on the MT4 is just for FTT for use of the MT4 Bridge. The FTT MT4 is linked to JFOREX which opens and close trades and after a number of trades the balance on Dukascopy was different to FTT because you don't see the commission for Dukascopy on the MT4.

When I closed half of a trade the system was flawed as it just opened another trade on JFOREX, my long where I took half profits and let the rest run but in fact on Dukascopy JFOREX I was now short half.

Worked fine opening and closing full lots but JFOREX did not understand or there was a tech flaw on partial closing.

Plus don't see the point paying double commission just to use MT4 on ECN where other brokers give this option.

Traded the JFOREX on its own which works very similar to MT4, great spreads (Seen EUR/USD go zero spread) But its for a bigger balance than I got. Plus the commission, margin was confusing.

My situation has changed as I'm losing my job 9th May so I'm going live on SLM
have you experienced live jforex platform freese?
Als is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:24am   #19
 
Fair Trading Tech's Avatar
 
6 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Als View Post
for FTT to answer

run demo

can see commission around 5 euros

duka charges around 10 and your 5

and spread 0.8-1.2

in total more than 2 pip per lot

can't see any reason to use duka with mt4 bridge

did i get it right?
Commission schedules are found here:
http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...ission-policy/

and

here:
http://www.fairtradingtech.com/t3-bridge/commision/

Spreads are identical to Dukascopy. No filtering, etc. So whatever you're getting there you get in MT4.
Fair Trading Tech is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:53am   #20
Als
Joined Jul 2010
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Trading Tech View Post
Commission schedules are found here:
http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...ission-policy/

and

here:
http://www.fairtradingtech.com/t3-bridge/commision/

Spreads are identical to Dukascopy. No filtering, etc. So whatever you're getting there you get in MT4.
sorry

but still cant understand

can see on demo profit commission and balance

is this all?no any extras for duka?

another ?

how much negative margin can go?(stop out level)
Als is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:00pm   #21
 
Fair Trading Tech's Avatar
 
6 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Als View Post
sorry

but still cant understand

can see on demo profit commission and balance

is this all?no any extras for duka?

another ?

how much negative margin can go?(stop out level)
Commissions calculated on the MT4 platform include all commissions.

And margin on the MT4 platform can reach 0, which in Dukascopy's terms is 200% (complete margin utilization + drawdown) In this case MT4 does not handle a stopout. Dukascopy manages it and we just replicate whatever they do.
Fair Trading Tech is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:01pm   #22
Joined Jan 2009
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

JDTRADER started this thread [QUOTE=Fair Trading Tech;1539138]
Quote:
Commissions calculated on the MT4 platform include all commissions.
All commission on the MT4 are only for FTT , you pay commision to Dukascopy as well which is not shown on the MT4. Would be better if all commision was shown on FTT MT4

Quote:
And margin on the MT4 platform can reach 0, which in Dukascopy's terms is 200% (complete margin utilization + drawdown) In this case MT4 does not handle a stopout. Dukascopy manages it and we just replicate whatever they do.
I pushed the JFOREX demo over the 100% to see how the platform reacts. I had three positions open 2 were in the red and one green in profit. To free up margin I went to close the profit trade but as I was over 100% was unable to close even though the trade was in profit
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:07pm   #23
Joined Jan 2009
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Trading Tech View Post
Did you have multiple orders in Metatrader 4 (besides the one you mentioned here) open at the time that you closed half of the long position?
No

I had a long position which I closed half then closed all but then I checked the Dukascopy and saw I was now short ?

The JFOREX was ok but the commissions are confusing, trades where I thought I was in profit showed negative. MT4 all commissions are shown on the open of every trade and would be better if the FTT & Dukascopy commissions where shown on the FTT MT4 platform on the open of every trade
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:10pm   #24
Joined Nov 2008
Re: ECN Broker - MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTRADER View Post
No

I had a long position which I closed half then closed all but then I checked the Dukascopy and saw I was now short ?

The JFOREX was ok but the commissions are confusing, trades where I thought I was in profit showed negative. MT4 all commissions are shown on the open of every trade and would be better if the FTT & Dukascopy commissions where shown on the FTT MT4 platform on the open of every trade
feel free to ignore but if you trade with only a grand live with Dukas they'll eat it up off you inside days..You can't trade with them effectively at that level..they don't do micro
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECN Alpha - The Best ECN Broker [10% Deposit bonus, now] victorecn Brokerages 0 Dec 1, 2010 12:05pm
ECN Alpha - The Best ECN Broker [10% Deposit bonus, now] victorecn Brokerages 0 Dec 1, 2010 11:58am
The best ECN broker epic767 Forex Brokers 34 Oct 28, 2009 7:01pm
ECN Broker specifics MythosKid Forex Brokers 5 Sep 9, 2009 9:55pm
FXOpen’s MT4 ECN is much better than originally thought miko432 Forex Brokers 6 Jul 27, 2009 8:29am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)